Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sitting Still

I previously blogged about how I make dinner. Lately I am feeling consumed with the idea that making dinner just isn't enough for me. I have never really been a person to sit still for a length of time. I always feel like I need to be on the go, contributing to something, giving...working hard. Right now I am not contributing to much besides mine and Ben's belly's. Although I will say that my work-outs are going very well and I suppose I am also contributing to much muscle mass. Ben pointed out the other day that I am the "most buff" he has ever seen me.

All that aside, what do I do? I came here with the ambition of doing mission work. So far nothing has panned out. Sure there have been a couple places that want to overwork and not pay me as a social worker, but I am not up for that at the moment. Been there, done that. I am trying so hard to hear God's voice and feel His direction in my life right now. I don't want to just do volunteer work somewhere, I want to do mission work where God wants me!

Then, I keep having the feeling that I am not going to be very marketable upon my return to the States...at least in terms of finding a job. I suppose I will have housewife/homemaker down pat! But I don't think that will get me far in the way of finding a job, if that's what I choose to do upon our return.

I hope this doesn't sound like a "woe is me" blog. That's not the purpose of this. It's more like I am thinking through typing about what my next step is...do I just jump into some volunteer work? Do I just continue to wait and listen for God? Do I just be content with being still? I mean, maybe that is what I am here for after all...to be still for a little while. That's basically the biggest challenge anyone could throw at me! Sitting still...

Those who pray...please pray for God's direction in my life right now...and that I would know it.

Blessings,
Amanda

No comments: