Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just another day in the park


As stated in the previous blog, our last weekend was pretty uneventful. We did take a walk in the park again, although this time we didn't brave the children's playground. I did, however, attempt to climb a tree...without much luck. When did I become so old? I used to climb trees like a monkey!


Ben found some interesting birds he liked...three on a branch. They make some crazy noises. I would do a demonstration for you, but you can't hear me through the computer. At least not my speaking voice! Unless, of course, you have skype. Then you can ask for an impression. The birds and I have developed a relationship here. We talk, you know? I understand their calls and I holla back, yo. They are always here for me...

Then of course there was this duck. The sun caused his feathers to shimmer quite beautifully in the light...however, he made a brisk escape as I attempted to get close for a better picture! Seriously, he made it in the water and to the other side of the pond all in about 5 seconds! Guess my bird charming skills don't extend to the ducks.

Finally, I tried to capture the sunset as we were driving to dinner....but unfortunately my baby camera couldn't quite capture the details of the colors. Guess you will just have to come see it in person!



That's about it for our weekend. We did discover that a relaxing weekend at home is not the same here in South Africa. We miss having house projects (I know...crazy!). We also miss TV! haha, we need to get over that...I think God might be trying to teach us a lesson in that aspect. Plus it just gave us time to miss home and miss everyone else. We also spent it alone, as opposed to our new friends, the Gaspers...so it was a bit lonely. Basically, we learned our lessons. No more weekends of leisure. We will be getting out and about on our remaining weekends. After all, we are in South Africa! We shouldn't just be sitting around! We need to be living it up and enjoying this part of the world!

Oh yeah, did I say anything about coming to visit in this blog? Well, I will now. Come visit. Please.

No comments: