This weekend we spent our Saturday morning at a local organic marketplace. This marketplace is not quite as authentic as the Rosebank market (another African craft market)...but it is quite relaxing and there is a lot to look at!
We found a leather-bound engraved photo album with handmade acid-free paper. I am excited about that find...so I can fill it up with our African adventure pictures! Ben has also shown a long obsession with these wooden carved hippos. He has always loved hippos- well before South Africa, even! Anyway, we found the hippo at a woman's shop and then walked around the marketplace, had lunch...and all the while, Ben could not stop thinking and talking about the hippo. Little did he know that I had been planning to give him a carved hippo for our 3rd!! anniversary. BUT, he insisted. So he got his hippo early. And he was a very happy boy..yes, boy. In that moment, with the grin on his face, he appeared to me the happy boy who first found his love for hippos! I have not included a picture of the hippo at this time. I will wait to unveil that picture until after our anniversary...to make it more like a gift. Even though it is currently sitting on our fireplace...maybe I will hide it from him....
Finally, we had some ice cream. Delicious! Potential visitors? Bryanston and ice cream will be on our agenda, promised.
No comments:
Post a Comment