Friday, July 24, 2009

Quite frankly, Kelly saved my life.

It was just another routine day here in South Africa for Kelly and I as we completed our grocery shopping for next week and made our way home. We decided to do our shopping today (Friday) as opposed to our usual Monday because today is pay day and that means that the stores will be well picked over by Monday.

Anyway, we were talking about our cats as we pulled into my driveway. I was so excited (and obviously distracted) as I talked about my Molly and how she is kind of mean to others, but I love her just the same....you all have heard this story. I poised my hand over the key hole to unlock the door when Kelly put her hand on my shoulder and said calmly "Don't look. Just back up." Very confused, I did as she instructed...and she pointed out the object of danger: a very large, hairy SPIDER. (GIANT shutter through my body!) I mean seriously, that thing was gigantuous! Never before have I seen such a huge spider!


And what did Kelly do? She decided it wouldn't be right to kill the huge thing- I honestly didn't either because I feared of the "crunch" he would make! So, she took her shoe and tried to coax him onto it. All the while, stating "I don't really think of him as a spider because he is so big!" The shoe wasn't working, so she found a stick, which he fortunately latched onto. And then she CARRIED him over to a little drain (leading to our neighbor's yard!). There was a man painting the side of the neighbor's house who looked at us with much amusement.



Basically...I am so thankful to Kelly. That spider could have attacked me. He could have latched onto my hand and eaten me alive! Or crawled under the door (although I think he was too big) and eaten me in my own house! So, friends and family, say a big thank you to Kelly. She saved my life.

No comments: