Because the people are overall kind.
Because the majority of the people know and obey the driving regulations.
Because Mexican food is located on almost every street corner.
Because they have Mexican food.
Because they have root beer.
Because I can understand pretty much everyone when he/she talks.
Because if you get pulled over by the police, you at least feel safe...maybe frustrated...but you know you won't get shot.
Because I can breathe fresh air in the restaurant.
Because the air is not infused with smog.
Because I can walk to the gas station without getting hounded.
Because I can drive to the grocery store without getting hounded.
Because I can park my car and some person isn't going to come "wash/watch" it for me.
Because people drive on the RIGHT side of the road.
Because they sell jeans for short people.
Because they sell jeans that aren't skinny leg.
Because they have Aveda products.
Because they have Reeses PB cups!
Because it is summer there at the moment.
Because they celebrate the 4th of July.
Because they have indoor heating when it is cold.
Because I am treated with respect...for the most part.
Because I can wear my wedding ring without looking over my shoulder every 5 seconds.
Because I can talk to the ones I love on the phone instead of via email.
Because I had a job there.
Because I made money there.
Because they have Target.
Because I could go grocery shopping at one place...instead of 2-4.
Because they have garbage disposals.
Because I didn't have to clean up the house before the housekeeper came...wait...we didn't have a housekeeper!
Because my Molly was with me.
Because I had a garlic press.
Because they have scrapbooking stores.
Because flat rate boxes are much cheaper to mail within the States!
Because I know that when I mail something it will get where it is going.
Because my family is there.
Because my friends are there.
Because my Molly kitty is there.
Because it is my home.
And a billion other reasons at least.
1 comment:
I've never been to Africa. I've been away from home and felt isolated for a long time, though. It's REALLY hard. You're doing great. Hang in there and keep your chin up! Thanks for keeping the blog so we can keep up with you two! :)
Post a Comment