Ben and I decided to "take it easy" this past weekend due to the fact that we will be going on our first "mini-trip" here in South African this coming weekend. There is a gemstone refinery just a few minutes from our house that we decided to pay a visit to. Gotta say, the actual "mine tour" wasn't the greatest as it was geared towards kids, but we did get a bag of polished stones!
My favorite part was looking at all of the jewelry. There are many lovely things there that I would like to take home with me as souvenirs! And, knowing my hubby, I am fairly certain this hope of mine will become a reality! You will notice in the pictures that some of the items contain price tags with an "R####." R is for Rand, the currency used here in South Africa. Basically, the current exchange rate is R8 to $1. So, when you see something for R580, it is more like $64.
Now, I know all you ladies are getting your dream on. I took more pics of the lovely stones, but perhaps some of the pics I took were of items I want to purchase for some of my girls back home :) So, those are not pictured here in this blog! Maybe you should just come visit and then you can see these delightful pieces for yourself- maybe even buy one!
2 comments:
oh my oh my. i want to go there! How beautiful. I love the KState toilet seat. :) if we visit we will definitely have to visit that place and pick up some jewelry! We could have a whole shopping day, the lovely dress store, the jewlery store, and im sure some oher awesoem places. miss you dear.
Yes! I think that sounds amazing! I miss you too. Phooey. This stinks, being lonely.
Post a Comment