Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Journal: Week 26



Holy Moly. There is definitely a difference in Baby Girl's bump last week and Baby Girl's bump this week! How on earth did she grow that much in just a week!!??? Well, she did. And we still have 14 more weeks! Baby Girl! Please! Mama doesn't want to be gynormous....although I do thank you for not making my booty and thighs huge. As long as you stick to my belly, I suppose I will just have to accept that :)

Anyway, I have to admit it is getting tough to not accidentally slip and say her name. Since we are 100% decided now, Ben and I often refer to Baby Girl by her name when it's just the "3" of us (and Molly of course, so that makes 4). With my preggo brain, I have to be careful and double check these postings so that I don't spill our secret on accident!

June 29, 2010

How far along am I today?

26 weeks

What is the favorite thing you ate today?

Throughout this pregnancy I have liked meat and veggies. A great combo of these two food groups is: pot roast. However, we do not own a crock pot here in SA (we have THREE at home!!). Fortunately, Kelly has a couple and let me borrow one today…and so, my favorite food from today was my super tender and moist pot roast. Go me! Thanks Kelly J

How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?

I still want a cherry slushy. They have “slush puppies” at the movie theatre….which I tried. Sadly, it is basically a TON of cherry syrup with a little bitty bit of ice mixed in. I think I might try again and ask them to only put a drop of cherry in there…or better yet, give me the syrup and ice and I will make it myself!

Any new symptoms this past week?

I believe I felt my first couple of Braxton Hicks over the last week. They aren’t too bad, but my stomach just feels real tight and it’s tough to get a good deep breath. It’s normal though, my friends J Baby Girl is just practicing her escape route, which is great, as long as she doesn’t practice too hard and turn it into the real thing too early! (I’m fine with a couple weeks early though…as long as the Doc says it’s okay!)

What about the exercise routine?

Nothing new with my work outs. I just keep on doing them every day. I feel like I need to do longer workouts since baby is growing so much lately, but I don’t think that is the way you’re supposed to do things during pregnancy. I will just have to step it up once she is born!

Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?

Sleep is a thing of the past. Some nights I sleep okay, other nights I simply don’t.

How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?

Baby Girl is still somewhere around the size of an eggplant. She will be growing to between 13.6-14.8 inches in length over the next couple of weeks and will weigh between 1.5-2.2 pounds.

And special milestones for baby?

Baby Girl is just working on growing in there. And I must say, she is succeeding!

How about the baby’s activity?

Baby Girl is so active. I think her craziest move is when she rolls some appendage across my belly. It feels like something is scraping my insides…it’s hard to explain. It cracks me up though, it’s like she is taking her foot and just running it along my belly…like “hey mom, how much longer do I have to stay in here? I’m bored.”

Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?

Ben and I have been a couple for nine years as of June 25, 2010. I couldn’t help thinking on that day about where and who we were back then. I was just 16 and Ben, 17. High schoolers! It amuses me because I know that if you had asked me back then what I thought I’d be doing nine years from that day…I doubt I would have said, “I’ll be six months pregnant and living in South Africa with Ben as my hubby!” I’m sure I dreamed of being married to Ben back then, but I certainly don’t think I thought beyond the fact that I would be “Amanda Renee Connell!”

What was the most random thing that happened this week?

If you read a few blogs back, I wrote about an encounter I had with a little girl in a parking lot over the weekend. That was pretty random. As I was holding her in my arms, it just felt so natural. It was definitely a good feeling and it just causes me to look forward even more to the birth of our daughter! On that same day, Ben and I were shopping in another store with some loud music. I started to dance- how could I not? It was a groovy beat and it was loud! Ben looked around real fast and said, “Babe! I don’t know if you should do that in here...you’re pregnant. People might see you!” Hahahaha, Benjamin’s comments just crack me up. One thing’s for sure, I have noticed more people noticing my bump. It’s entertaining to watch people’s eyes as they move down to my belly and then look up real fast. Hehehe. What will they do 4 weeks from now? 12 weeks from now? By then, I will look like I have a pilates ball under my shirt! I already got a soccer ball in there!

No comments: