Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthing Playlist

The other day I was working on a "Going Home" playlist on itunes...basically just a bunch of songs I like, including "I'll be home for Christmas" by Barlow Girl. As I sifted through my itunes, I began to notice some titles of songs. And they got me to thinking about the "birthing" part of pregnancy. Yeah, I still have a couple of months before I really need to be thinking about that oh so important part of pregnancy...but I couldn't help but let my mind go there. So that's when I decided to go ahead and jot down some tunes for a birthing play list. I had myself a few laughs as I thought about the titles...

1- "Ready for You" by Kutless. I'm thinking that in that 9th month of pregnancy, this will be my theme song as I wait "patiently" for our daughter to let me know she's ready to come out of her safety zone.

2- "Walk on Water" by Audio Adrenaline. Finally the moment will arrive where my water will break (unless the doc has to break it), and I could quite possibly be "walking on water."

3- "Are you sure?" by Bethany Dillon. I'm sure Ben might have a moment of panic (just one moment) where he might think... "are you sure it's time?"

4- "Here we go" by Grits. Grits is a Christian rap band. I figure this song is perfect to get me loosened up for that whole labor process.

5- "Deliver my" by Bethany Dillon. So Ben and I will arrive at the hospital and I will definitely be telling the doc to deliver me!

6- "Breathe" by Jeremy Camp. And of course it's important to remember this part throughout the birthing process.

7- "Steady now" by Brandon Heath. But I gotta make sure I am breathing steady, right?

8- "She's got the rhythm" by Alan Jackson. I should get into a rhythm with those contractions...

9- "Take my hand" by Shawn McDonald. I know I will be telling Ben to take my hand throughout the entire process. He better take my hand!

10- "On my knees" by Bob Carlisle. There are many positions throughout labor...

11- "You don't have to yell" by Chris Rice. Ben might want to play this song at some point throughout labor...but I don't think I am the type to yell?

12- "Open Wide" by Jon Shirley. 'Nuff said.

13- "Move" by Mercy Me. I'll be saying, "move! baby girl, move on outa there now!"

14- "Pull me out" by Bebo Norman. And of course baby girl will need the doc to assist her with this part.

15- "Here come those eyes" by Chris Rice. We should see her head first.

16- "Hands and feet" by Audio Adrenaline. ...then those hands and feet...

17- "Baby Girl" by Nicole C. Mullen. This is what we expect the doc to announce!

18- "The power of a moment" by Chris Rice. Finally... Ben and I will be overcome by the power of a moment as we hold our baby girl in our arms for the first time...sharing those first precious moments as a family.


So, what do you think? Do I got it covered?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I think the Bethany Dillion songs really fit in nicely :) Visiting your blog from Kelley's blog.

Benanda said...

:) Thanks! Kelley's pretty awesome, right?