This is how I spent my Tuesday...the mark of week 24. I had the mask on because the owner's had someone paint a tiny bathroom which in turn made our entire house reek of paint fumes. I have the blanket on because it is FREEZING in our house. And even more so during the time of the photo because I had the windows open and fans on to try and clear out the paint fumes. Yeah, I was NOT a happy camper!!
Ben made me discard the blanket and mask for a real photo op. I thought I could get away with wearing my pretty scarf for my weekly photo...
But Ben made me move my scarf because it hid my bump. So there you have it. Baby Girl's popping at 24 weeks, don't ya think? (I would like to point out that my pants are not maternity. She's a high rider, my girl!)
June 15, 2010
How far along am I today?
24 weeks
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
Home baked apple pie. I felt like baking one, so I did.
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
I was able to fulfill the craving of apple pie through my baking today. Nothing else new this week! Oh- I suppose I really wanted nachos at the World Cup game, but they didn’t serve nachos. Just hot dogs and chips. That was sad.
Any new symptoms this past week?
Last week I mentioned I was sick. Well, that sickness only persisted throughout the past week. I had a sore throat for about 2.5 days, then that mutated into congestion, extremely runny nose and a cough. Then the runny nose began to subside; however, I am still stuck with congestion and a cough. Unfortunately, my congestion and cough has intensified today because the owners of the house we are living in decided to have our gardener repaint the small outdoor and indoor bathrooms today. At first I didn’t think the paint fumes would be bad since the areas were so small and not close to where I would be spending the bulk of my day. I intended to be either in our upstairs bedroom, living room or kitchen baking and cooking dinner. As the day wore on the paint fumes increased and I suffered the side effects: headache, coughing spells, watery eyes. I was pretty angry with the owners to say the least. They know I am pregnant and they should have planned better.
Anyway, on a lighter note, my belly button is close to popping out.
What about the exercise routine?
I had to take a couple days off from exercising due to being sick. That was disappointing to me because I hate missing a day of working-out. BUT, I knew that if I didn’t rest my body, I would only get more sick. A girl’s gotta do what I girl’s gotta do!
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
Minus the congestion and coughing, sleep has been okay. Baby girl is on my sleep schedule, so she allows me to sleep alright. I am adjusted to my routine bathroom breaks throughout the night and am able to stay in a “sleepful” state as I get up and return to bed. It takes skill my friends!
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
Baby Girl is still lingering around the size of a papaya. Although I found another website that compared her to a Chicago style loaded hot dog. I think the papaya is cuter.
And special milestones for baby?
Our little lady is just practicing away in there for the real world. She’s testing out her swallowing mechanisms, hearing, rolling, etc. And she’s all sprawled out! Aww, I love her!
How about the baby’s activity?
Baby Girl had a very active day yesterday. She was kicking and rolling across my belly like crazy! Sometimes I wonder how on earth she is so strong! In fact, even as I type this she is kicking or punching around in there! Craziness! She was also quite active on June 10…that is the day her good friend, son of Wade and Kelley was born! She is very excited to meet him and I think that is why she was so active on that day. Isn’t she a good communicator??
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
Baby Girl, Daddy and I went to a World Cup game this past Saturday. I shared all about this in my previous blog entry J
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
As I mentioned before, Baby Girl attended the World Cup 2010 US vs. England match on June 12. If you recall from my previous blog entry, I discussed our waiting in line for food. However, I did save a small detail to share in this section. After waiting in line for food for an hour and a half, two college aged American guys behind Ben struck up a conversation with us. I mentioned that I was starving and we had been waiting forever. Then the guys said, “well there’s plenty of beer! Drink up!” Ben replied, “she’s pregnant.” At that point the guys turned all cheery and started to say “WOW! Congratulations! That’s awesome! I need to get me one of those! A wife who is pregnant who says, ‘sure honey, I’ll go to the crazy World Cup game with you!’” Aww, that made me feel good!
Also, on Sunday, Ben and I were laying on the couch. He put his arm around me and laid it on my stomach- only to quickly remove it and say, “SHEESH! I forgot you were pregnant for a second!” HAHAHA, oh Benjamin, I can’t forget! I guess it is easier for Daddys-to-be to forget these things then Mommys-to-be.
1 comment:
Chicago style loaded hot dog! Ha! By the way, I like the new background.
Post a Comment