Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby Journal: Week 25

BONUS! We took this picture last week. I made Ben pose with me since he hasn't been in any bump shots for awhile now! He wasn't so thrilled about posing since he wasn't feeling well...but I still think this is a cute photo. So, while he might protest to it's being posted....I'm still sharing it with you. (Love ya babe!)
I figured you all might like to get a frontal view of baby girl. I've not decided if I will share any bare belly shots on here or not. I am still feeling a bit indifferent about that...

Sometimes when I look at photos of myself before baby girl was growing inside me, I am shocked at how skinny I really was. I don't even think I realized it! Body image is something that is getting a little tough for me as the weeks grow on me. But I know that in all reality I am still small and Ben tells me I look good. I think the tough part is being here alone most days and not being around people who are excited and joyful about my pregnancy. It's interesting how most women, myself included need those positive words and compliments in order to feel good about ourselves. Anyway, I don't want you all to get the wrong idea! I am overjoyed to be given this blessing of a child and I am super excited to meet her. I love feeling her movements inside and it's also fun to see how much she really does grow each week.


June 23, 2010

How far along am I today?

25 weeks

What is the favorite thing you ate today?

Hmmm. I guess the homemade warm bean dip and chips.

How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?

I craved pumpkin. It feels like cold Fall weather, so pumpkin sounded delightful. I found a light recipe for iced pumpkin cookies online and baked them up last week with my remaining pumpkin from our dear Nebraskan friends J

Any new symptoms this past week?

I feel tired again. I am back to napping pretty much every day again after going through a couple months of feeling fine. I’m not a big fan of naps, personally. I feel like I am being lazy if I nap…but I suppose it is necessary right? I am also finding myself to be less coordinated lately. For example, the other day I had 2 warm cookies on a plate. As I went to take a bite I flipped the plate upside down onto my clean pants. There have been other similar instances. Finally, this isn’t a new symptom, but my stomach itches like crazy. Ben thinks I am going to itch the baby out- ha! I always tell him that she’s fine, I am not scratching that hard!

What about the exercise routine?

I am back in the swing of things with my work out routine. Always good. I wish Ben didn’t work such long hours so that we could go for a walk each evening. But by the time he gets home it is dark and cold…and late.

Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?

Sleep has returned to mediocre. I spoke too soon last week, apparently. I have been waking up again at night and unable to fall back to sleep right away. Mostly, I think I get scared that someone will break in or something along those lines. Pretty much irrational, since we live in a secure estate, but I just find myself worrying more lately. You can pray for that if you’d like…I know that God is taking care of us and therefore I should not worry. I need to remember that though.

How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?

I got me an eggplant sized baby in my womb now! She will be growing to between 13.6-14.8 inches in length over the next 3-4 weeks and will weigh between 1.5-2.2 pounds.

And special milestones for baby?

I just read that Ben could possibly put his ear to my belly and hear baby girl’s heartbeat! I think we will have to give that a try tonight. Baby Girl’s eyes are also getting ready to perfect the blink! Her little capillaries are forming and her immune system is beefing up for the outside world as well.

How about the baby’s activity?

Baby Girl has fun jumping on, head butting and punching my bladder. She also likes to do jumping jacks in there (or that’s what I call it at least!). There are times when all 4 corners of my stomach are encompassed with her movements. It’s impressive.

Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?

Baby Girl, Daddy and I went to our final World Cup game last Friday- which I already blogged about. Besides that? Nothing too special…

What was the most random thing that happened this week?

The other night I was washing my face before bed. The sink is quite high for me to reach and it is beginning to pose a problem as our baby girl grows. I usually have to stand on tip toe and stick out my booty in order to reach the water to rinse my face. It’s also quite cold. Due to these two factors I have gotten into the habit of doing a sort of “dance” as I bend over to wash my face…it helps me stay warm and somehow helps my balance on tip toe. Anyway, Ben saw me and said, “WHAT are you doing!?” I quickly stood up and said, “What do you mean?” (Of course I knew, but I was embarrassed!) Anyway, we had us a good laugh and then I explained to him my logic.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Ben should definitely listen to your belly! John wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat all the time until the 3rd trimester, but it was so much fun for both of us =)

Benanda said...

Yeah, we tried last night but no luck yet! I'm guessing we will have to wait a couple weeks yet :)

Mom-Darcie said...

Amanda Sunshine, I love you very much and it is so exciting reading about all the changes and difference in you as a mommy to be!! We will soon all be together again and having fun watching baby girl grow! I am so looking forward to meeting this little one!! Ben will just have to listen hard!!I love you, Just mom!!