Okay, so my hair looks a FRIGHT in these photos! Haha! I was wearing a sweatshirt beforehand and took it off for the photos so you'd have a better view of the bump. But, you know what static does to hair! (By the way, it is freezing here in SA. 40's at night and so our house remains in the 50's most of the day....brrrr!!! No heater!) Anyway...here's the baby bump update my friends...
June 1, 2010, 2010
How far along am I today?
22 weeks
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
The Nutter Butter cookies I sneaked over from the USA.
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
It’s sad being back here in South Africa after being back on American soil, where the food is delicious and tasty and healthy and preferable. I am going to have a difficult time when our stock of ranch dressing, Alfredo mac and cheese, Nutter Butters and Nutrigrain bars run out. Ben has instructed me not to hoard the food, but just enjoy it. And when it’s out…it’s out. There may be tears here when that happens, but I suppose I will survive. *Sigh* If only South Africa knew the delights of good food…
Any new symptoms this past week?
I can’t think of any new symptoms for the past week. Just an increase of the previous ones.
What about the exercise routine?
I did my exercises last Wednesday and Thursday…then I was on an airplane and missed Friday…took Saturday and Sunday off because of some horrible jet lag and headaches…and exercised Monday and today. So, I am getting back in gear.
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
I slept heavenly Tuesday-Thursday. Because I was in my own bed. Then I returned to South Africa. It felt good to have Ben and Molly by my side, but that bed is absolutely terrible. The mattress, sheets, pillows, everything about it is horrible. My back aches like crazy when I wake up an hour earlier than I’d like (because of back pain). It’s tough knowing that if I were pregnant back in America, I would likely sleep a little better because of the bed. Instead, I am stuck here. With a horrible bed and no possibility of improvement.
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
This week she’s the size of a papaya. There is a big range in size this week….she is between 10.5-11.8 inches in length and she weighs between 12.7-20.8 ounces. Soooo big!
And special milestones for baby?
Baby Girl’s pretty good at hearing now. One website stated that different stories and songs she hears now will be comforting to her once she is born. I wonder if I should start holding songs and things of that nature up to my belly?
How about the baby’s activity?
This little lady is super active. It seems like she has increased her daily activity with each passing day. I often feel like she is going to flip through my belly or kick a hole right through there. I can see her kicking and punching from outside even, which is so crazy to me! I do love it though. It’s also been fun to share her rambunctiousness with her Daddy. He does so love to feel her move. I posted this comment on Facebook, but I will also include it here: Ben thinks her strong kicks are because she is excited about the World Cup. But I know that’s not true. I know it’s because she is just a little sweetheart and her kicks and punches are the best way for her to communicate with us right now.
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
Baby Girl and I returned to Ben in South Africa after a long 22+ hours of travelling. My bags were among the last to arrive, but they did arrive, so for that, we are thankful and we can’t complain! We then barreled our way through customs…and we did get stopped. I put on a very happy face and stated that everything was washed (not new) and I was not importing any weapons. The guy was friendly and let me on through, and that’s when we were finally able to see Ben! Or Daddy to Baby Girl! It didn’t take long for Baby Girl to give Daddy a show. Over the weekend, Baby Girl gave plenty of powerful kicks and flips, showing Daddy all she’s got. It was fun to have Ben feel her movements and now he just wishes he could “carry her for a day.” I told him that we can certainly fill up a backpack with some weights this weekend and have him carry it around the house. However, he says he mostly just wants to feel her move. Figures J Jet lag was terrible this time around. It took me through today to finally start to feel okay again. I had a headache on and off most of the weekend and could hardly keep my eyes open, etc. Fortunately, I think we’re on the mend now.
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
I am having trouble thinking of something random. SO, I will just let you all know the various names that have been selected for Baby Girl by family members. (I am sharing these names with you because these are not the names we have chosen…)
1- Francis Christine, given by Grandma Jill
2- Savannah Magnolia, given by Grandpa Connell
3- Aspen, given by Uncle Chris
4- Baby Heidi, given by Grandma Darcie
5- Shannon, Rebecca or Chloe, given by Uncle Nick
6- Abigail Brooke Connell (ABC), given by Great Aunt Judy
I do apologize if I have forgotten the name you suggested….let me know if I have left off any names! It’s fun to see what you all come up with J And I think Baby Girl will enjoy reviewing her “names” when she is a little older…
1 comment:
Such a hot pregnant lady! I love seeing your bump grow and baby girl show herself to the world! Glad you are experiencing some of the crazy kicks and punches now! Hopefully she doesn't discover your lungs ;)
Post a Comment