Friday, June 4, 2010

A Bit of Rambling from me

Okay, so. I have been back in South Africa for a week. In this week I have left the confines of our house 3 times. That means I have been inside our house (mostly alone) for most of the time over this past week. That leads a mind to wander. Especially a mind like mine. You might wonder...where exactly my mind has gone during these days. Well, you are in luck. I am going to tell you. Hey, I gotta ramble to someone besides my cat...

1- Why does Ben have to work 10 hour days? And he's not just gone for 10 hours, he is gone for 12 hours because of travel time and lunch. It's not very fun. By the time he gets home, he is hungry for dinner, which we enjoy together...then we clean up the kitchen together, sit on the couch for an hourish and go to bed. Now. That is not fun. He often is falling asleep on that couch too- and who could blame him? He wakes up at 5:15am every day. But really, I feel like my husband is gone during the week and the only time I get to really enjoy his company is on the weekend. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to improve our very short evenings together? Because I will gladly entertain your suggestions.

2- Why is it that the first day I feel good about my appearance I drop makeup on my clothes? My NEW clothes? It's not very fair, I will tell you that much. I can still wear the leggings with the makeup stain, but they just aren't the same. You know what I mean? Now I feel like a clumsy pregnant lady. Does anyone want to share their own clumsy pregnant story? I would love to hear them...just to know I am not alone!

3- I am glad that my cat is here. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She is just about the best cat I could ask for, my Molly. She has these wand toys that she drags around the house in her mouth, up and down the stairs, from room to room and it just cracks me up. Earlier this week I was downstairs sitting on the couch and I heard this "click, click, click!" sound. I look up to see Molly trotting up to me with her toy hanging out of her mouth. The clicks were the wand of the toy as it hit each stair on her way down. Too cute! Some may say she is not the friendliest cat, but I know she loves me. And it feels good to be loved...especially when I am alone all day!

4- I enjoyed seeing our little girl during our ultrasound this week. She has the cutest little face ever with these chubby little cheeks and such a sweet little mouth. She opened her mouth a few times and tried to stick her fingers in there. Absolutely precious. I absolutely LOVE feeling her move within me. While I don't like going to the potty every 15 minutes, I don't mind because I know she is just having fun in there with the things available to her...and that is currently my bladder. Whether she uses it as a pillow, a lounge seat or a trampoline....it's all good to me.

5- They should have Alfredo Mac N Cheese and Ranch dressing here in SA. I enjoy both- not together- and we have a limited stash. There are other food items I wish they had here. But currently, these two are on my mind.

6- I can't wait until Christmas this year. I know most of my readers are just getting into summer, but Christmas means we will be home. With family, with friends, in our house with our daughter and Molly. I'm already planning our annual Benanda Christmas Linner (Ben's fam and mine). And we are going to go cut down a Christmas tree first thing upon our arrival- our Baby Girl has to have a Christmas tree for her first Christmas! I know, she won't remember it...but we can take pictures and show her later. Yeah, it's more for me than for her...but I am just excited. It will also be fun to just be HOME.

7- Nesting. How does one nest when they are an ocean away from home? I have the nesting desire. I want to organize our basement...in Kansas...trim up and clean up our yard...in Kansas...clean out the garage...in Kansas...prepare the nursery...in Kansas...clean out the cabinets and cupboards...in Kansas...paint the kitchen cabinets...in Kansas...repaint our front stoop...in Kansas. And the list goes on. There's not really anything to organize or clean here. Which, sure, that can be a good thing. But I am bored. And I have the nesting instinct. What do I do!?

Okay, that's enough randomness for today.

No comments: