Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby Journal: Week 23


Sorry this is delayed. It's been a week of feeling poopy. It started with a sore throat on Monday night, then the sore throat lasted through Wednesday...which I did accomplish writing the baby journal and taking my photo. However, I couldn't seem to pull together the energy to upload the photo and blog, haha! Anyway, the sore throat has left...leaving in it's wake a water fountain nose and constant cough. Woohoo! Not really....but hopefully it subsides before tomorrow...because we are supposed to go to a World Cup game. Which, by the way, we need prayers for that!

June 9, 2010

How far along am I today?

23 weeks, 1 day

What is the favorite thing you ate today?

The warm (not too spicy) chili I made for dinner. It soothed my sore throat.

How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?

I’m still craving the same ol’ things like cinnamon flavors and beef. Not together, of course. However, I have really wanted a cherry slush from the gas station. And they don’t have slushies here in SA. So that has been a difficult one for me to cope with.

Any new symptoms this past week?

This isn’t a symptom of pregnancy, but when combined with pregnancy, I believe it is worse. I started to feel even more congested than usual on Monday. Monday night my throat started to hurt and throughout Tuesday my throat became increasingly worse. Now, today is Wednesday and I am spending the bulk of my day in bed trying to heal my body. It’s just not fun being sick while pregnant and in Africa and in a house where the kitchen is on an entirely different level from my bedroom. And the house is coooolllldddd! (I know, is someone playing the “world’s smallest violin” right now, or what??)

What about the exercise routine?

Exercise has been great as usual. I even worked out on the mark of 23 weeks in spite of my sickness. But now I am taking it easy.

Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?

I have surrounded myself with pillows. Ben now gets 1/5 of the bed. I get 3/5, and Molly gets the other 1/5. I know, poor Ben, right? At least he is a trooper and he doesn’t seem to mind. I mean, he sleeps just fine. Meanwhile, I have a pillow propping up baby girl, one supporting my back and one between my knees….and under my head of course.

How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?

Baby Girl is still somewhere around the size of a papaya. No fruit/veggie/object changes in size this week!

And special milestones for baby?

Just lots and lots of growing!

How about the baby’s activity?

Baby Girl is active after I wake up, in the afternoon and right before bed. She sleeps the rest of the time- such a good girl!

Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?

Baby Girl mostly just bragged to Dad about how strong she is by showing off her kicks, punches and head butts. Such a sweetie J

What was the most random thing that happened this week?

I don’t get to have all of these fun random preggo stories since I don’t get out much. But I did take my SA driving test this week with Ben. The instructor (male) kept looking at me and finally said “I know better than to ask how old you are. Because you aren’t supposed to ask a lady her age!” I went ahead and told him I am 25. Then he says “Wow! I thought maybe 18 or 19.” He then looks at Ben and laughs, saying “You must like kids!” Ummm, sorry? My husband is not a pedophile. And while I am aware I look young, I really don’t think I look like a kid! Plus I already told him I am 25. Not a kid. And so I am just anticipating the looks and comments I will get when I step out in the public with our daughter. Won’t that be fun? Hehehe! Just a couple of kids, right?

No comments: