Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ben's Celebration Dance



While I am not a soccer fan, my husband is. And I suppose that is something I must come to accept. Yesterday was the USA vs. Algeria game. Ben was able to sneak away from work early in order to watch the game at home. I chose to make dinner while he watched.

After a grueling 90 minutes and no goals on either side (minus a goal that FIFA mysteriously took away from the USA again...), the USA scored in stoppage time (overtime). Ben then grabbed the vuvuzela we got for my brother, Brock and pranced (I mean PRANCED) around the living room, dining room, kitchen and outdoor patio in celebration. It was quite impressive to say the least! I believe he kept it up for a full minute.

Don't get any wrong ideas now. Just because I am accepting the fact that Ben is a soccer fan, does not mean I will ever be one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

same with me! My husband has gone to space and back since the lakers won the basketball championship. I can't say that I like the lakers much - but if he's happy, I'm happy! lol. And yes, there was dancing here too.

Benanda said...

I suppose dancing is always good. It's funny how the "boy" comes out when they are watching these sports. Pretty cute....I mean...manly. :)