Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset...

One cannot complain when the view outside one's window is the ocean and mountains. Throughout my life I have wavered back and forth between loving the beach and the mountains...unsure as to which I prefer. After this trip, I have concluded: I most love a mountainous beach. The best of both worlds. Ben said that I have to choose one or the other...but I think not. As long as the two exist together, then I should be permitted to love just that.

Anyway, we were able to view the first half of the sunset from our window one evening...which was gorgeous. Should we return, (and we will!) I am quite certain I will have us remain at the guesthouse all evening in order to see the entire sunset. They DO serve dinner after all, so why not?

Fortunately, due to my body clock, we were able to awaken early enough one morning to make it down to the beach for the sunrise as well. True, the sunrise actually took place in the opposite direction of the beach....but the colors it projected across the sky, sand, ocean...mountains...they were worthy of an early wake up.

As usual, my obsession with snapping photos consumed my attention. I ignored the cold of the sand and water and set my sights on capturing the moment on film. It was quite humorous as I set the timer on the camera, ran (barefoot!) across the seashells, through the cold water and on top of the boulder where my Ben patiently waited. Ben was not quite as able to ignore the chill... but he powered through it for my sake and we were able to get some photos of the landscape and each other.

This was probably one of my favorite moments in the Cape. It was relaxed and simply lovely. We were basically the only people out there...and it was one of the brief moments the sunshine graced us with her presence during our stay. I do love the sunshine...and the beach...and the mountains....

I wish we could have remained there all day...

2 comments:

Mom-Darcie said...

I love the pictures of the beach and the mountains together and I agree both together are beautiful. I bet breathtaking when you are there. You two looke so sweet together!! Love you Mom

Benanda said...

:) Thanks!