Today I was sitting in our living room on the couch, just reading and attempting to research for my book. When I heard a buzzing sound. My eyes scanned until I saw the culprit: a bee. Repeatedly stinging the window in attempts to free himself. Then I saw another bee. And another... I quickly closed the door that was open (which they weren't even near!) and managed to get the window open, freeing two bees. But there was still one on the other side of the room. And another. And another. And another. There were as many as ten! WITH the door closed. I noticed they were mostly around the chimney and so I ran from the living room shrieking.
Leaving the computer, my books, everything for my day's activities. No way I was going back there!
I called Ben. He said to fill up a bowl with soapy water and set it near where they were. I did it.
Bees? Still rampant.
Furthermore, they appeared to either be fighting or mating. I made this conclusion after noticing how they would lump together in huge clusters on the window, then fall and spread again and go crazy. And I would of course, shriek and run.
So I grabbed the computer and ran (shrieking) to the kitchen. And I facebooked that I was in dire need of help to get rid of the bees. Thankfully it is morning in the States and my lovely friend Kelley gave me some advice to wear some big shoes and spray them with whatever I could find.
Fortunately Ben bought some huge steel toe boots for the construction site (yet to be used). They are on my feet as I type this...I still haven't taken them off. Sorry Ben! I remembered I had ant spray and grabbed that as well. Room spray in my left hand and a roll of wrapping paper in my right, I went to town. (Shrieking).
I am now back in the kitchen, tentatively watching the living room. I don't see any bees. I either got them all or they are hiding and awaiting their next attack. Let's hope it's the first.
2 comments:
good job amanda! glad you were able to find a spray. i know the panic of having a bee in your house. Our wasp also came out of the fire place. whats up with that??? i guess its the Lord's way of keeping us connected :) hope no more come back for you! love.
Good point! When I saw the bees and started shrieking, my first thought was of you!
Post a Comment