Anyway, I finally took the time to scrub them up yesterday afternoon. I proceeded to wash the shoes in the water faucet next to the swimming pool; however, I lost hold of one of my shoes and it flopped into the pool. I quickly scampered to retrieve my shoe from the chlorinated water and continued to wash away the dirt. Of course, such a scrubbing in the path of sunlight makes a body quite warm. And that pool was right there...
So I removed my flip flops and took a couple steps towards the edge of the pool when all of a sudden.... WHAT on EARTH did I see at the bottom of the pool!? It looked like some huge water creature or something. I grabbed the pool cleaner thingy (haha, not sure what it is called) and gave the creature a jab. He was dead. And he was not a water creature...he was more like an insect of some sort. In our pool.
EWEWEWEE.
Now, you all know through previous bloggings that I am not a fan of spiders (of any size, especially not large), bees, and the list goes on. I simply do not like bugs. So you can imagine my thoughts as I looked down at the dead insect the size of my hand inside our swimming pool. Praise the Lord I didn't face that varmint alive!
I decided to ask Thabi (our housekeeper) what it was. She said it was a cockroach. "A COCKROACH!?" I replied.."are they usually THAT BIG here??" Thabi looked confused, and answered my question with a simple "yes." Kind of like, DUH, of course they are that big. It's a cockroach. Fortunately, Thabi noticed my fear and assured that they don't go inside houses. Although she did add that she saw a very very large spider by the pool outside the other day.
Oh goodness. Do I smell a future blog in the works?
(The drain is about the size of a mixing bowl, and if you notice the roach is quite comparable in size. *shiver*)
No comments:
Post a Comment