You all know the network known as "Facebook." Throughout my time here in South Africa (thus far) I have posted various "status" comments. Many have included what I was preparing to do or had done...such as bake and cook. Then, friends and family began to take interest, asking for the recipes.
I apologize for the delay in my response. But here they are now for your own perusal.
Enjoy!
Chicken Alfredo (previously requested by work buddy, Christine!)
THE SAUCE:
*1 pint Heavy Cream
*1 stick butter
*2 TBSP cream cheese
*1/2 to 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I use fresh, but the powder can
also be used)
*1 tsp garlic powder
1- In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream and cream cheese. Simmer until all is melted, mixing well.
2- Add Parmesan and garlic powder. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat. (May season with salt and pepper)
**Tips!**
*I use low fat butter and cream cheese to take away the guilt I might feel for enjoying such a savory dish!
*If cooking for two, I freeze half and reheat on another night.
THE GARLIC CHICKEN:
*desired number of chicken breasts (2-4)
*fresh garlic
*salt and pepper
*olive oil
1- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
2- Heat olive oil on stove.
3- Cook chicken with garlic over low heat. May season with salt and pepper.
**Tips**
*You could also use pre-cooked frozen chicken. Might save some time.
Toffee-Chocolate Chunk Cookies (from the Perfect Cookies cookbook)
(previously requested by Ben's Aunt Judy and Aunt Lori)
*3/4 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
*1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1 large egg
*1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/4 tsp salt
*6 oz semisweet chocolate cut into itty bitty pieces (you can use chocolate chips, that's what I use!)
*1 cup chocolate-covered toffee candy bar such as Heath Bar, chopped
1-Preheat the oven to 375*F. Have ready 2 cookie sheets. (directions say ungreased, but I grease them. The toffee makes the cookies stick to the pan sometimes...and that leads to me eating a lot of hot cookie chunks as I try to get the cookies off of the pan. While tasty, probably isn't healthy!)
2- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
3-In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Add the chocolate pieces and chopped toffee and mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, spacing the mounds about 2 inches apart.
4-Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. It's a good idea to rotate the pan during baking.
5-Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. (I have found that waiting awhile to scoop them off of the pan is the best way to go about this task....less breakage!)
Okay, so I am sure I have forgotten some...and if so, COMMENT on my blog and let me know. I can always post more recipes as you show interest. Have fun and enjoy! Or just come visit me and I will make them for you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment