So. I am in total and complete nesting mode. Last night I organized three closets, clearing out space to accommodate some of the items that are currently in Cale's bedroom....which is arranged as the office at this time. I stayed up past 10pm, which for me is late! Ben kept saying, "how much room does this kid need? Cale must be a big boy if he needs this much space!"
I woke up this morning feeling tired but ready to continue my new task of creating space for my son. My daughter was up to help me this morning, and during one of our little breaks the doorbell rang...
We weren't expecting anyone....so who could it be? I wondered this as I carried Charlotte to the front door to check out our unexpected visitor.
As I opened the front door I found two women with a vacuum and a tub of cleaning supplies.
Charlotte and I stared blankly at them.
And they stared expectantly back at me.
Finally the older woman speaks. "We are here to clean house?"
A few thoughts cross my mind at this moment. OH! It's a belated mother's day gift from Ben! Wow! I wish he would have warned me so I could have at least tidied up a bit of the clutter...because my current nesting state has caused a lot of items to be moved around and left sitting here and/or there...what will Charlotte and I do as they clean?
But...no. This cannot be true. So I find my voice and I say, "Can I see the address on the form?" (She was holding a sheet of paper with the instructions and an address). I peruse the sheet and find that it is for the next street over. Awww, shucks. No mother's day cleaning for me! I explain to her it is for a different home and I ask the name of their cleaning service...for curiosity's sake.
The lady stands a little taller and says, "You like we clean house?"
I laugh and say, "I'd love for you to clean my house! I thought this was a surprise from my husband, but no thanks. We cannot afford it!"
The ladies chuckle and load up all of their cleaning gear.
Sniff, sniff. I close the door. Charlotte says, "bye, bye, bye bye...."
Aw well, maybe some other day....back to nesting we go!
1 comment:
Would have been nice! What a let down! I've only had my house professionally cleaning once. And it was THE BEST. Ryan treated me to one while we were at the hospital having Anna. It was the best. He told me about it around 32 weeks and I literally stopped cleaning everything in anticipation. My house has never been so dirty for 8 weeks, but it was so awesome walking in with Anna Claire to a perfectly clean home. Even the microwave was shining! I have the name of a great gal from Redeemer who cleans homes for a living. Maybe Ben is reading this and will call me, hint hint. ;)
Post a Comment