| 23 weeks on Bellows Beach (Oahu, Hawaii)...it was extremely windy that day! My cousin Trisha had the brilliant idea to write Cale's name and weeks in the sand for the photo. |
| And 24 weeks...just a couple hours after returning from Hawaii. Feeling exhausted! Right after this photo, I crashed on the couch for over two hours... |
24 weeks
April 29, 2012
(and 23 weeks... April 22, 2012)
Yes, i am a week behind on my updates. That's what happens when you go to Hawaii for a week...spanning across two Sundays, which happens to be the day I reach my weekly milestones. And since i cannot quite recall what transpired during my 23rd week of pregnancy, i am going to blend weeks 23 and 24.
That said....
There has been much growth. Haha ;). For me and for Cale! I surrendered to a pair of maternity jean shorts....which my parents so kindly invested in for me! That was during my 23rd week. I had gone shopping to multiple stores looking for a pair of maternity shorts that fit well and were cute. After finding a pair just out of my budget, Charlotte was so kind as to throw a fit and run from me. So i had to put them back and leave. I called my mom in tears (oh pregnancy hormones!) because i needed some shorts for our Hawaii trip...but i was out of time and money. That's when my mom told me she and my dad would gift me with the shorts i found. So kind! And those shorts were well used in Hawaii during my 24th week. Thank you mom and dad!
My body is simply worn out. Especially after our vacay. Charlotte did NOT sleep well when we were in Hawaii. And therefore mommy did not sleep well while in Hawaii. And since we were on vacation and too busy for stretches, my back also took a hit. And we did a lot of walking...and Charlotte often required mommy to carry her. Or she would yell. And kick. So, i often ended up lugging my sweet toddler around along with my growing Cale bump. Ben informed me at one point that i was limping. Haha, i think it may have been more of a waddle, though Ben swears I do not waddle. I am sure...I totally waddle...and that's okay.
I am enjoying tomatoes, Cold Stone ice cream, Pineapple whip (It is this delicious light pineapple flavored ice cream whip...only found on the Dole Plantation in Hawaii, of COURSE!), oatmeal with strawberries, amongst other food necessities. But those are the favorites as of late.
Cale's weighing in around 1.5 pounds these days (according to the websites) and should be around 8 1/2 inches long. He will continue to steadily gain weight (as well as myself) over the next few weeks as his organs continue to grow and develop and his little baby body starts to accumulate that squeezable baby fat. I am getting excited for Cale's 3D ultrasound coming up on May 12. It's going to be so much fun to see his little face! I wonder how much he will look like Charlotte? And will he look as good of a mix between Ben and me as Charlotte does? Or will he look more like one of us than the other? And what color will his eyes and hair be?? I am so excited to know....
Cale is still hanging out on my right side, though I do feel him more on my left side as well. I have a hard time sleeping on my left side and/or my back. Because of that nerve that gets pressed upon by Mr. Cale. And then I cannot breathe. I wake myself up all of the time for fear of losing my breath. So far, so good. And overall, sleep really isn't that bad. It's my hips and back that give me the most issue. Just as when I was pregnant with Charlotte. I suppose it's all just part of it. And my body simply isn't accustomed to carrying around extra weight.
Cale did well on the flights to/from Hawaii. I think he slept quite contentedly during the flights and was even quite kind to my bladder. Thank you, Cale. Mommy appreciates that...as does everyone else on those flights. Why? Oh that's because your big sister would scream "MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the entire time I was in the bathroom on the plane. SO I did my best to limit those potty breaks. Or I balanced Charlotte on top of your humble abode, Cale....Yup. Your mommy likes to think she is quite talented...
Anyway...more to come on Hawaii later. I am going to try and get my old photoshop computer up and running so I can make the photos look as spectacular as possible. It's just a matter of finding the time to do so...
1 comment:
You look fabulous friend! Can you please rub some of the cuteness off over here? :)
Post a Comment