Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cale Bump: 25 Weeks...and Charlotte 19 months






25 Weeks
May 6, 2012

My brain is fading with rapid acceleration.  I have forgotten my home address, phone number, Charlotte's age, Cale's due date, how far along I am, amongst a myriad of other important details.  That's right, pregnancy brain is in full force.

As is the nesting instinct.

I am just itching to get Cale's nursery set up.  And Charlotte's room more organized...and the living room rearranged and the kitchen cleaned up and all of my photos in order and complete all of my blog/photo books and and and....

Sigh.

My To Do list seems unending.  And I keep adding things to it!

This weekend Ben installed a door from our kitchen to the back yard.  It was over 90 degrees on the day of this addition and we had to turn off the AC.  So Charlotte and I went out shopping.  Not only did I want to avoid the heat, but I wanted to avoid watching the HUGE hole be cut in the side of our house.  I figured if I stayed away for a few hours at least, it would help keep my anxiety level at a dull hum.  Of course the door wasn't finished by the time Charlotte and I returned, but they had made progress.  And the hole was done.  I could tell Ben was rethinking his "To Do" list of pre-Cale arrival projects.  He wants to repaint the living room and redo the hallway bathroom....starting with gutting the bathroom.  I didn't need to remind him of my To Do list....but I did later anyway.  Because I am pregnant and have trouble refraining at times.

All that to say...there is much to do before you arrive, Cale.  But it's not the end of the world if it is not accomplished.  Though I do hope to have your bedroom all prepared and ready to go!  It is currently still arranged as a guest room/office.  I am sitting in it right now typing this update.

Another sigh.

Cale is starting to make his presence known on my left side as well.  And, as usual, his jabs are becoming bigger and stronger with every blow he makes.  While they still catch me off guard at times, I am starting to expect them more and more.  I have also started to feel Cale do the roll.  If you have ever been pregnant, you know what the roll is.  You can see baby slide a limb from one side of your belly to another.  Crazy awesome.  I love it :)

I saw the Doctor this past week and I am measuring right on target.  Cale's heart beat is around 145 bpm if I remember correctly.  Though I wouldn't count on my accuracy....  The baby websites and books say Cale is just continuing to grow and develop in there.  There aren't really any major milestones for him this week that I read about, he's just getting bigger and cuter!

I am in love with ice cream lately.  Particularly Cold Stone ice cream.  Or any kind of vanilla ice cream that is really soft and creamy.  Probably not the best craving for pregnancy, but I want to say it seems typical?  Maybe I am wrong...  I also love oatmeal.  That's healthy at least!

That's pretty much it as far as new developments on the Cale Bump front.  For him and me. 

She loves to wear my shoes.  She also wears my heals and flip flops.  But this morning, she just happened to grab my running shoes.  Too stinking cute!

In other news...Charlotte is 19 months old.  Time really does fly!  She continues to refuse fruits and vegetables of every form and variety.  I have tried whole fruits and veggies, cut up and diced fruits and veggies, frozen, cold, warm, hot, pureed, blended, smoothie form, adding additional flavors and textures and the list goes on.  The girl won't eat them.  Unless it is applesauce.  Applesauce she loves.  She will also chew on carrots and then spit them out after a good chew.  But that is about it.  Sometimes I just want to cry and beg her to eat them.  Especially when she is in a ton of pain trying to go potty.  At least she will still eat those stinking-genius baby-food pouches that cost $1 or more a pouch.  I finally broke down and bought her a couple today.  She sucked those pouches dry!  And- hehehe- they were prunes!  Take that, Charlotte!  Actually, joke was on me.  Because she did finally go potty.  In the bath tub.  Daddy was conveniently golfing.  (P.S....sorry Charlotte.  I will try and refrain from sharing these stories on the internet from now on.  But I will save this story for you to review one day!  And just so you know, sweetheart, I cuddled you like crazy right after you went in the bath tub and I told you "good job!"  I celebrated with you.  Because I knew your little tummy felt soooo much better after that!  Oh the things we mommies celebrate...)

Charlotte is also saying more words these days and becoming more and more mischievous.  She is often covered in scrapes and bruises, my little tough girl!  But, even with all of her toughness, she is pretty much the sweetest child ever.  She loves babies and pretending to be a little mommy.  I often find her cuddling her dolls and stuffed animals, shushing them, rocking them, fixing their "accessories," etc.  The other day she was playing with her cousin who is just a few months younger than her and she pretended to wipe her bottom.  Too funny!  Charlotte will be an awesome big sister to Cale.  I am quite certain my heart is going to melt into a puddle when I see those two together for the first time!  And many times after that, for that matter.  I have no worries about Charlotte bonding with Cale.  I am positive she will do just fine.  And I am so thankful!

Anyway...I love you two, Cale and Charlotte.  I love being your mommy.


OH!  And Daddy had a birthday.  28 years young!  Look how Charlotte is eyeing Daddy...trying to see if she can sneak a taste of that brownie cake...cracks me up!  And Ben?  I love you too, by the way.  I love being your wife!


No comments: