With our early morning wake-up calls, and our location facing towards the East, you would think we would get to see a spectacular sunrise, right?
Ehhh, wrong.
For some reason Ben and I always seem to travel to beach locations when it is cloudy and/or rainy. Or anything but sunny. But! That's okay! We, again, did not let that slow us down.
Austin was fortunate to have the day off from school and was able to join us for our second day of touring Oahu. We were hopeful for another beach day, starting the day off in our swimsuits and heading for the North Shore. The North Shore is known for surfing and awesome waves....so we were excited to see some of that action. But, as we drove out that way....the rain clouds and rain drops accompanied us. As did that wind! Charlotte did her peanut butter clinging again whenever we stopped for a photo opp. I ate those cuddles up. Love those cuddles, rain or shine!
| natural bridge |
| The guys edged up close to get a better view. I was not quite so confident with my unsteady pregnant self and a clingy toddler... |
| So Ben thought he would take Charlotte for a better looksy....I am not so sure she was thrilled with that.... |
Ben ended up with some super spicy shrimp. Trisha accidentally ordered the wrong shrimp plate and could not take the heat. But my man can take the heat and he did. Seriously, what a man!
I was much more happy with my fried cod and sweet corn. So was Charlotte. Which is great because she had not been eating all that well prior! Charlotte is certainly a fish fan. Fish with ketchup that is. I think Charlotte would eat ketchup with anything though. Or nothing for that matter...
And seriously, in case you haven't noticed yet, how about those sunglasses? Charlotte was such a little diva in her sunglasses. She kept them on so well! And sometimes she would tilt her head just so and give you a little looksy over the rims. A. Dor. A. Ble.
We made a couple more pit-stops along the way, but it was pretty clear we would not be getting any beach time along the North Shore. I felt bad for Austin! His last day of freedom before heading back to school and he had to spend it in the car. Sorry Austin. If it helps at all, I would have changed the weather in a heart beat if possible! But really, he didn't complain one bit. Austin is such an awesome young man! I hope our Cale grows up to be like him. I cannot brag on my 12-year-old cousin enough. He just simply rocks.
Okay, moving on.
Trisha knows all of the hot spots. What's worth the monies and what's not. And she took us to a place that was definitely worth the monies. The Dole Plantation. BUT just for the Dole Whip. Not for the full-fledged money hogging tour.
And I must take a moment here to remember that Dole Whip.
***silence***
Awww, Dole Whip. If only you were available in other locations besides the Dole Plantation. You and I would be extremely close by the end of Cale's Baby Bumpin! And Charlotte would be your friend too. I mean, really. Just look at her!
| eating the yummy Dole Whip and looking at the huge goldfish |
| Cousin Austin showing Charlotte how to feed some birds... |
| What's the big deal guys? Just eating some Dole Whip... |
We even got to take our pictures with a mound of pineapples.
| Charlotte and Daddy... |
| Charlotte and Mommy... |
| Charlotte and Cale!!! If you look closely, you will notice a spot of Dole Whip on Cale's bump. It was that good. |
No comments:
Post a Comment