Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cale Bump Watch: 27 weeks




As I type out my week number, I feel like I am making a typo.  Am I seriously 27 weeks already?  I mean, don't get me wrong.  I feel and look every second of those 27 weeks!  But my goodness...time is really going by so quickly.  And, as I have mentioned recently, I am feeling the itch to get everything ready.  I have no idea how I am going to accomplish everything before Cale's arrival!

I am a list person.  And since this is my Baby Bump Update, I am going to write it down here.
1- sew all of Cale's bedding
2- sew Cale's curtain
3- cover Cale's bench
4- paint Cale's Bible verse canvas and have Charlotte make her painting for Cale at the same time
5- finish Cale's letters (I am wrapping them in yarn.  This is a tedious task!  Thank heaven's his name is only four letters long!
6- Purchase (or hope to receive it!) furniture: crib, rug, dresser, gliding rocker (wishful thinking??) and other ends and odds for Cale's room
7- finish updating Charlotte's room
8- rearrange the living room to accommodate everything that is in the office...which will be Cale's bedroom
9- organize all of the photos from 2011-present
10-get caught up on blog- mainly....I am waaaay behind on Charlotte's life in this big world!  I have so many photos and stories I need to type up.  Else they be only caught in my memory....  I want to make sure I blog them so they are then put into the yearly blog book I intend to do for our family.
11- get caught up on shutterfly books
12- breathe
13- nap
14- edit photos from Brock's wedding after I take them
15- just relax and play with my sweet Charlotte!  Oh and Ben :)

Okay, that's good enough for now.

Sigh.  I do that a lot these days.  Sigh.

I am getting stares when I go places.  Perhaps it is because I don't try to disguise my baby bump.  I much prefer to wear form fitting things so that it is obviously a baby bump.  However, it seems to attract attention wherever I go.  So far I haven't had too many unkind or ill-thought word vomit from people.  Just eye popping stares, mostly from older men.  It's like they've never seen a pregnant belly before!  One of these days, if I am feeling feisty I might just say something catty.  Like, "yes, I am pregnant.  You are old.  Must you stare?"  But I doubt it.

Sigh.

Cale is doing the earthquake move.  I remember I wrote about the earthquake move when Charlotte was growing in my belly.  It's incredible!  Definitely my favorite.  He will punch/kick/butt/head out every limb on his body and I will see my entire belly quake from every angle.  AWESOME!  It cracks me up.  I am laughing now as I think about it!  Thanks, Cale, for providing Mommy with that much needed comedic relief.  Guess you felt all of my sighing, huh?  I think maybe he is wrestling the placenta or something.  Must be getting ready for all of the wrestling he will do with his six uncles, daddy and grandpas!  And Mommy :)  Because Mommy can wrestle too.  Uncle Brock has taught me a thing or two!

My back and hips ache like mad.  I will probably stop mentioning that because it is only going to get worse, I am sure.  But this weekend we took a six hour car trip up to Iowa to see Ben's Grandpa.  Twelve hours total.  12.  Hours.  I am still in pain from that drive!  Sometimes my right hip just wants to give out on me, which is not cool.  My body is simply not accustomed to carrying more than its' usual weight around.  But that's okay.  Cale is growing in there.  My body is his home right now.

Breyer's Mrs. Field's cookie dough ice cream.  My weakness and the best ice cream around town.  Even better than Cold Stone and/or any other ice cream shop.  It's on sale at Target this week.  I bought a couple tubs...and may return before the week is up.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  It's totally unhealthy.  But it is gooooood.  So good!  And I eat healthy throughout the rest of the day, so I tell myself it is okay.

It's okay.  :)

I read that Cale should be about the size of a pot roast.  Haha, chuckle, chuckle.  Cale's a pot roast!  He has doubled in length over the past 15 weeks- yowzas!  And should weigh over 2 pounds now.  His lungs and immune system are getting stronger and he would be able to breathe with machine assistance if he were born early.  Which we pray doesn't happen this early!  No worries yet, he seems quite cozy and content in there.  And that's mighty fine with me.  You saw my list!

Anyway...I love you Cale!  I cannot believe I get to be mommy to a son!  Not just any son, but you, Mr. Cale!  I thank Jesus for you every day and pray you will find your hope in Him alone.  Rest in Him, trust Him.  He loves you more than we can ever fathom.

No comments: