Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby2 Bump...15 Weeks!

It's not summer weather yet...I had a sweater on before and after this photo was taken.  But the sweater didn't allow for the best bump shot ever...

15 WEEKS
February 26, 2012

15 weeks sounds like we are getting somewhere in this pregnancy.  At least to me, 15 weeks sounds far.  But it will continue to sound that way as the weeks tick by.  And then all of a sudden I will be holding our new little one in my arms.  Crazy how fast it goes by…but sometimes when you are in the midst of it….it seems to drag on and on.  Especially those last few weeks.  And I am sure the last few weeks of this pregnancy will be draining for me!  Summer time.  Whew.

Anyway, this week.  Baby2 is certainly popping.  There’s basically no disguising baby2 anymore.  Even with sweatshirts.  Last week I talked about my low self-esteem in regards to my body image- I am happy to share that I am feeling much better!  I have received beautiful words of encouragement from friends and family…and maybe a few new clothing items from my husband.  Thanks, Benji!  J

I am still feeling tired, but maybe not as exhausted as I was before.  I still laugh and sometimes want to use a LOT of sarcasm whenever someone without a child says they are tired.  Because I totally believe one has no clue what “tired” is until one has a baby/child.

Food wise…the hunger continues to be intense.  But I am happy to say I am at least enjoying salads and fruit again.  In addition to baked goods of course.  Highlights from last week’s food intake include “turkey-pumpkin chili” and “Blue-Chip cookies.”  The “Blue-Chip cookies” are in thanks to my friend Kelly who stayed with us for half of the week.  You might recall Kelly from our SA adventures.  Kelly is getting ready to move back to SA in May and came back to Kansas to do some apartment hunting.  And..side note…apartment hunting with baby2 and Charlotte?  Yowzers!  A bit more challenging than expected, but it was a fun week nonetheless.  Loved having an adult to visit with on a daily basis!

I just read that Baby2 is about the size of an apple…a whole apple!  And if I had a sonogram…we could even find out if Baby2 is a he or a she!  Which I DO have an appointment this Friday…but probably no sonogram. I do intend to ask when is the earliest we can schedule that sonogram to learn the gender of sweet Baby2.  I am just so excited to give him/her a name!

3 comments:

jessica said...

You're too stinkin' cute! And I completely 100% agree. Pregnancy drags on while you're in the midst of it - but as soon as it's over, it feels like it just flew!

Austin & Terri said...

Cute bump!! :)

Gaspers said...

mmmm....Blue Chip Cookie! I loved staying with you guys, thanks so much again! :) Is Baby2 the size of a grapple? It's a grape/apple and it smells divine! I haven't had the heart to bite into yet though...Baby Grapple? :)