WEEK 14
February 19, 2012
I am going to begin my
"recount" of week 14 with some..."confessions."
Because these confessions are consuming my mind and I feel the need to clear
it. I think these thoughts have been stirred up by the fact that Baby2
has really started to pop out this week. Belly button and all, man, I'm
telling you! And I am having a difficult time seeing my body change this
time around. And the craziest part is I am tiny! I know this...or
at least I tell myself I know this. But then probably every other day or
so I try to pull on a pair of pre-pregnancy pants or something and they don't
fit the same and I get frustrated.
(Seriously, Amanda?? You are pregnant! Of course your pre-pregnancy clothes are not going to fit the same the more the baby bump grows!)
But this is my mind. This is what goes through it. And I am dreading maternity clothes. Oh I loathe them. Especially maternity pants. I have already told Ben I will NOT wear my maternity pants this time around. And those belly bands just don't do the trick for me. They ride up, up and up. I've also tried the rubber band trick thanks to my friend Kelley (thank you Kelley!!) but I know the rubber band will only work for so long. So...I think I will just wear leggings, skirts, sweats and dresses for this baby2. Because I am stubborn. Jeans? I will see you in September maybe...hopefully...
Okay. End of confessions. On with week 14.
My congestion finally cleared up by Wednesday. Only to return on Friday. Me and Baby2 are tired of this congestion. Sure makes it hard to enjoy food- the healthy kind at least. Carbs tend to be the food of choice when I am sick and that is not good. Especially because this week my appetite has been out of control. In a bad way. We ate Chipotle on Valentines Day and I had a burrito bowl. I scraped it clean...and felt as though I had only eaten an appetizer. I begged Ben to let me order one more but he would not let me....and on Valentine's Day!! And so the story was for week 14....a hungry Amanda at all times of the day. For carbs and everything NOT healthy. I am only now starting to think maybe there is a little boy in there...only because I don't recall feeling quite as ravenous with Charlotte. Although I was a hungry beast at times when I was pregnant with her...but we ate at a lot of carrots. Not carbs.
Another difference is so far poultry and I are still getting along. Though I am very careful about not preparing it. I have Ben do the dirty work. I just do the cooking. Chocolate is hard for me to consume, though I have. But when I do I feel nauseous for hours afterwards. So it is just not worth it to eat chocolate. Pumpkin; however, is delicious. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chili, you name it. I will cook it up.
I have had a few moments where I think I feel Baby2 move. Just a little flutter....but I tell myself it's nothing because I think it's too early. But maybe not? I don't know. I read that Baby2 should be about the size of my fist. A fist! That's so big already, isn't it!? And he/she is sprouting hair...and his/her movements are becoming more "fluid" or less "jerky." These are the things that excite me. Knowing the size of Baby2...and his/her development....and then I sit here, holding my fist and staring at it...thinking and picturing my Baby2. (What do you look like, sweet one? I can't wait to hold your tiny hand in mine...to kiss your sweet face....)
And so there you have it my friends...week 14 of my growing Baby2. I am looking forward to giving a name to this little one. We see the Doctor next on March 2...I am going to see when we can schedule the sonogram to find out if we have a little girl or a little boy in there....and then? We can give this one a name!
(Seriously, Amanda?? You are pregnant! Of course your pre-pregnancy clothes are not going to fit the same the more the baby bump grows!)
But this is my mind. This is what goes through it. And I am dreading maternity clothes. Oh I loathe them. Especially maternity pants. I have already told Ben I will NOT wear my maternity pants this time around. And those belly bands just don't do the trick for me. They ride up, up and up. I've also tried the rubber band trick thanks to my friend Kelley (thank you Kelley!!) but I know the rubber band will only work for so long. So...I think I will just wear leggings, skirts, sweats and dresses for this baby2. Because I am stubborn. Jeans? I will see you in September maybe...hopefully...
Okay. End of confessions. On with week 14.
My congestion finally cleared up by Wednesday. Only to return on Friday. Me and Baby2 are tired of this congestion. Sure makes it hard to enjoy food- the healthy kind at least. Carbs tend to be the food of choice when I am sick and that is not good. Especially because this week my appetite has been out of control. In a bad way. We ate Chipotle on Valentines Day and I had a burrito bowl. I scraped it clean...and felt as though I had only eaten an appetizer. I begged Ben to let me order one more but he would not let me....and on Valentine's Day!! And so the story was for week 14....a hungry Amanda at all times of the day. For carbs and everything NOT healthy. I am only now starting to think maybe there is a little boy in there...only because I don't recall feeling quite as ravenous with Charlotte. Although I was a hungry beast at times when I was pregnant with her...but we ate at a lot of carrots. Not carbs.
Another difference is so far poultry and I are still getting along. Though I am very careful about not preparing it. I have Ben do the dirty work. I just do the cooking. Chocolate is hard for me to consume, though I have. But when I do I feel nauseous for hours afterwards. So it is just not worth it to eat chocolate. Pumpkin; however, is delicious. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chili, you name it. I will cook it up.
I have had a few moments where I think I feel Baby2 move. Just a little flutter....but I tell myself it's nothing because I think it's too early. But maybe not? I don't know. I read that Baby2 should be about the size of my fist. A fist! That's so big already, isn't it!? And he/she is sprouting hair...and his/her movements are becoming more "fluid" or less "jerky." These are the things that excite me. Knowing the size of Baby2...and his/her development....and then I sit here, holding my fist and staring at it...thinking and picturing my Baby2. (What do you look like, sweet one? I can't wait to hold your tiny hand in mine...to kiss your sweet face....)
And so there you have it my friends...week 14 of my growing Baby2. I am looking forward to giving a name to this little one. We see the Doctor next on March 2...I am going to see when we can schedule the sonogram to find out if we have a little girl or a little boy in there....and then? We can give this one a name!
2 comments:
I completely understand about the body image thing. It is so hard to remember that you're pregnant and gaining weight comes with the territory. I'm about to post my 38 week pictures and cannot believe how big I've gotten!! And I think you look fantastic by the way! But I know, we're our own worst critic.
Oh my you clearly have not experienced Gap maternity jeans then! I too HATE all maternity paneled pants but Gap ones, oh my! I have a confession....I often still wear them because they are too darn comfy to give up! I discovered them with Avery and have totally believed the $70 is well worth it when I wore them daily. By Anna I was onto my second pair. THE BEST. Run, don't walk to the Plaza now.
Post a Comment