Saturday, February 25, 2012

The week in Montana




 I shared about my Grandpa Dick's passing in a previous blog.  But during the week we were in Montana for his funeral, we did a few other things. 

Charlotte was not up for adjusting to the time difference (one hour behind Kansas)...so we stuck to our usual routine as much as possible.  Which meant we were up by 5am most days.  Fortunately my mom's motel room (right next to ours) had a fridge and she brought Charlotte her milk every morning.  There was also a cafe nearby that opened at 6am to appease my appetite.  Which by the way...I felt like a bossy hungry beast most days...always trying to figure out where the next meal would be and when.  But I couldn't help it....my pregnant self needs to eat every 2 hours!  Or else....

Moving on......we got a five generation photo of 5 lovely ladies, if I do say so myself.  My Mom is in the blue sweater, her mom (my Grandma Joyce) is standing next to my mom, my Great-Grandma (Joyce's mom) is sitting, then of course there is Charlotte and me.  In the photo at the top, you might notice Charlotte is holding an iphone.  It's not mine.  But pretty much everyone else in the family has an iphone and Charlotte seemed to think they all belonged to her...

 

We also got to meet my brother's fiance, Marady.  She is wearing the black jacket, standing to the left of my brother in the photo below.  She is super sweet and I will say...I approve.  As if I have any say!  Brock and Marady will be getting hitched on June 16, 2012 in Seattle.  I'm supposed to be the photographer...wish me luck!


And we stayed in a  quaint little motel in the Bitteroot Valley...with bear statues.  The weather was pretty mild all week (I'm talking 50s!) until Friday, the day of the funeral.  When it snows briefly...big beautiful flakes.  Perfect bear statue photo opp.




And since airfare was over $1000 to fly into Montana, we flew into Washington and drove 5 hours into Montana...and back to Washington. Charlotte did pretty well...though she was not a fan of the sharp turns.  Thankful my cousin Shaun is a great driver and learned just the right speed to keep Charlotte happy!

....you may also notice a dog in the photo below.  Or a "woof-woof" as Charlotte calls them.  My cousins have 2 woof-woofs who traveled to Montana for the funeral (one is pictured below...see Charlotte hightailing it to her at the rest stop below!!??) ...and my Grandma has one.  So Charlotte began woofing every time we pulled into the driveway of my Grandma's house.  Because that's where all of the woof-woof's stayed.


 It all made for an exhausting week to say the least.  We are only now starting to feel a little recovered.  But Charlotte's photo below pretty much sums up how we felt!


No comments: