| Our faces above perfectly capture our excitement when we told our families our blessed news! |
As is our style...we didn't just go to our family and say, "hey, we are pregnant."
We had fun with it.
I came up with the idea to play the game "Apples to Apples" at each of our family Christmas celebrations...and I created a special card with the exciting news. Then, when an appropriate adjective was read...I passed in the Charlotte card.
Daddy's side was first. They were easy to convince to play the game. Although they were so eager to open gifts, that meant we didn't get to share the news first thing.
After about 8 rounds, Chris finally read the perfect card: "loveable." Then he even said, "you need a card that says, "Charlotte!" Hahahahaha, me excitement was hard to contain as I passed in my card while giggling. Chris read the card right away and said, "oh, it looks like someone cheated!" Then he proceeded to read every card...without even hesitating on Charlotte's card definition. Grandma Jill's the one who said, "wait! What does that say!?" Meanwhile I was giggling to beat the band and about to burst with excitement. Finally everyone got it and our news was outa the bag. Whew.
One down, one to go.
My family was next. They are NOT game players. I pretty much had to beg and plead with everyone to get them to play the game. Amidst whines and grunts and "do we HAVE TO's," we started the game. Ben made sure to deal the "loveable" card right away. It was quite apparent my family was not going to last more than a couple rounds of this game. Brock read the Charlotte card this time around- and didn't get it right away either! These boys! After a second read through; however, he did comprehend our sweet news. And thus ended the tortorous game of "Apples to Apples."
2 comments:
I think the best part...besides the super exciting news is that you and CHarly have the same face in the picture :) Such a sweet sweet girl
Cute idea!!!
Post a Comment