| The usual side view with my side kick |
| And a bonus side view of the other side...because my side kick is just so stinkin' cute! She's excited to meet her baby brother or sister! |
16 WEEKS
March 4, 2012
We saw the Doctor on Friday and heard Baby2’s lovely heart
beat…beating at a whopping 153 bpm (or was it 156?)….to which the Doctor quoted
the wife’s tale: “lower heart beat usually means boy.” I am still not leaning too far one way or the
other. But if I am being honest, I will
say that I have begun to notice some slight differences in this pregnancy….that
might lead me to believe we do have a little man in there. But really…every pregnancy is different regardless
of the gender. So who knows? We will….on March 30! I am counting down to that date…I can’t wait
to give our little one a name. I want
him/her to have a name besides Baby2.
This week has been decent…though I did lose the battle with
nausea for the first time Sunday night/Monday morning. It was terrible. It started with a headache all day Sunday and
climaxed with heartburn Sunday evening after eating chili. And then it really hit it’s crescendo between
10pm-1am when I was knelt over that good ol’ porcelain bowl. Ick.
Ick. Ick. I am not so sure it was directly a side
effect of…it may have more likely been a bug I caught as a result to the
lowered immune system I seem to have had with this pregnancy.
Charlotte and I visited the zoo on Thursday- more on that
later, pics too! But in regards to Baby2
and pregnancy…let me just say it was quite the work-out pushing Charlotte in a
stroller to Africa and back. Great work
out, indeed.
Salads are finally my friend again. Big heaping salads with pecans and apples,
tomatoes and cucumbers, dressing and cheese.
Yum. Chocolate? Not so much.
Chocolate and lemon are on my “ick list.” And unfortunately, chili may now be as well…
Baby2…you are apparently the size of an avocado. I like avocados. But I love you! That was cheesy…but you will learn pretty
fast that I am kind of a cheese. Your
sweet little face is also more defined in there, with your eyes, ears, nose…all
settling into their position. You are
also going to be growing a LOT over the next few weeks. Which means the weather better warm up and
stay warmed up because your Mommy don’t wanna wear those maternity jeans. Have I mentioned I hate maternity jeans? Yup, I do.
I loathe them. I am pretty sure I’ve
been feeling you move around in there.
You seem to get the most energetic after meals…which is when I feel
those flutter-like pops to my abdomen.
Really, they feel like popcorn.
So…you are a little popcorn avocado, Baby2. Pretty cool, huh? Did I mention I love you? Cuz I do.
And I am praying for you, praying that you know how amazing our Jesus is…that
you know the depth of His love for you and the grace He offers you. Trust in Him, sweet one. He alone can give you everything you ever
need. I can’t wait to pray for you by
name…
No comments:
Post a Comment