Saturday, March 24, 2012

(not quite) Africa...part 2

**Somehow with my pregnancy brain, I accidentally uploaded my first round of zoo photos to Shutterfly before saving them to my computer.  Sad day because I cannot figure out how to get them off! So please see the former blog for the rest of the zoo photos...

But pretty much as close as we can get here in the midwest state of Kansas!  And that is, the Zoo.

Daddy came along for our second zoo trip.  And we also enjoyed some pancakes for the penguins- it was a zoo fundraiser.  Apparently as friends of the zoo, we get invitations to "donate" and attend these good ol' FUNdraisers.  And good for mommy, it was a tasty one.  We just walked to Africa and back.  It's pretty much the extent of what Charlotte can handle: one country a day.  And so far, I have chosen Africa each time.  I might miss it a bit...okay, I DO miss Africa.  Although, seeing the animals in small enclosures is kind of depressing, if I am honest.  Especially the hippo.  His enclosure is SO tiny!  And there were actually two hippos in there.  Poor hippopotamuses.  (Now I am singing the hippopotamuses song by Shirley Temple in my head..).

And so begins our many trips to the zoo, I am sure.  It's certainly a good work-out for this Mama.  And Charly enjoys it.  I think next time we might branch out to Australia; however.  Though I would much prefer a safari in South Africa...



Charlotte also rode the carousel with Daddy...and screamed the entire time for Mama.  Poor girl.  Looks like we won't be riding carousels again for awhile...because this Baby Bumpin' Mama can't take them right now!


No comments: