Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baby2 Bump Watch: 17 Weeks


Charlotte was napping during in picture time this week.  It was the perfect day for a nap...rainy, daylight savings day....it was all I COULD DO to get up and take this photo...but I did it for you, Baby2!


March 11, 2012
17 Weeks

We are nearing the halfway point, little one!  And the point at which I can finally give you a name and call you by that name and not he/she or Baby2 or little one.  I so cannot wait.  I think I say that every time…how eager I am to name you!!  I have chosen your name if you are a girl.  Daddy still will not commit but since he won’t throw out any other options, I am going to stick with this particular girl name.  So I currently refer to you as either   BLANK/BLANK (fill in the blanks with girl name and boy name we have selected).  That helps me quite a bit!

So anyway…how has this week been?  Pretty good.  Nothing too eventful.  Though I did realize I will not be able to cliff jump into the ocean when we are in Hawaii next month.  Such a bummer.  I tried thinking up some way to protect my baby bump so I could do it, but I think the reality is….it’s simply out of the question.  Maybe some other Hawaii vacation….when I am not pregnant.  (haha, some other Hawaii vacation….)

I don’t know if I mentioned it yet, but I have been doing my pregnancy work out videos again.  Love those videos.  I start my day with them.  Charlotte usually works along with me, adding an extra challenge to the weight lifting and squatting I do.  So much fun!  (Really, it is, I am not being sarcastic!)  I notice a huge difference at the end of the day if I do not work out- in that I feel not as relaxed.  That said, I do my best to get it in each day in order to feel stretched and relaxed throughout the day.  Totally worth it.  One thing I have noticed in doing my work-outs; however, is that I am starting to get a little off balanced.  And/or light-headed.  I believe it’s pretty typical with this stage in pregnancy.

I read that Baby2 is now about 5 inches long from head to toe- isn’t that so big??  And he/she weighs around 5 ounces.  That is exciting to me!  Also- Baby2’s skull is becoming bone and not just cartilage.  More exciting!  I do feel Baby2 move every once in awhile, but I am getting anxious to feel the major movements.  The private dance party in my tummy.  I loved those moments with Charlotte.  And I cannot wait to share them with Baby2.  

I really don’t have much else to add from this week…is that lame?  Maybe….I suppose I could throw in something about food.  Sweets are not my friend- especially chocolate.  Neither is barbeque (bleck!!!) and/or anything super spicy.  I do enjoy Italian subs….and coffee cake…and I am sure some other things…but those two are my favorites right now.  Oh and my appetite is still quite ravenous!

No comments: