Then a couple of days later Ben says, "I think I'm going to grow out a mustache too." That got my attention. I'm not a fan of facial hair on Ben...he's just not a facial hair kind of guy. Plus, in the nearly 10 years we've been together, he's never had it. And so I prefer he not start now.
Anyway, I guess it's what I call the "little boy Army Man" theory. You know, where guys feel like they have to do something with all the other guys for a sense of brotherhood? So, I permitted him to grow out the mustache. (Of course I'm sure he would have done it regardless of what I said...) After granting him permission, I asked him where this idea came from...and it turns out it's more than just a group of guys in the office growing out mustaches this month.
See, the month of November is "Men's health awareness" month. And apparently, it has been dubbed "Movember," and guys all over the world grow out mustaches for Movember. So I suppose my man is in good company, right? I mean, my own Dad has a mustache. But then,I cannot imagine my Daddy without a mustache. My Dad is my Dad with the mustache. (He also enjoys Magnum P.I., Hawaii 5.0, right Dad??)
So... we are in week two of Movember and I gotta say, I am still not a fan of Ben's facial hair. I think the mustache is a little creepy on him. I don't think Charlotte's a fan either, but what can we do? We'll just be his fan club I suppose.
What do you think of Ben's mustache?
2 comments:
Hahahaha, that is soo strange seeing him with a mustache. I would've never been able to imagine it.....
So all of Dan's friends call it No-shave november...so I too have a man with a WHOLE LOT of facial hair.
Post a Comment