Wednesday was another not so fun day for Charlotte. For some odd reason, the past few Wednesdays have just been tough for Charlotte’s tummy. I tried to figure out if it was something I ate, but I can’t find any consistency in each of the Wednesdays. So, we just massaged sweet Charlotte and practiced much patience. I am happy to say that Charlotte does seem to be doing much better this week. It seems each week gets a little better, really.
Charlotte experienced her first Thanksgiving during her eighth week in this big world. Unfortunately Daddy had to work on the actual turkey day, so Charlotte and I just hung out at the house together…and did some pre-black-Friday shopping. By the time Daddy got home, Charlotte and I had finished up the bulk of our Christmas shopping for the year. On Friday (SHOP DAY!!), Charlotte and I attempted to find the rest of the online deals, but they just didn’t seem to be all that hot. We ended up baking our pumpkin pecan pie for our Thanksgiving feast and hanging out with Kelly instead. Oh and we mustn’t forget! We also called and chatted with Grandma Darcie while she shopped the SHOP DAY madness! Can’t wait to go with Grandma Darcie next year in person. Cell phones and computers, while great, just don’t quite cut it.
The above photos is how Charlotte felt about being in South Africa for her first Thanksgiving.
Saturday was our Thanksgiving feast. Daddy took on the turkey while Mommy ended up just baking rolls from scratch, stuffing and gravy. Kelly took on the mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries and green bean casserole. Charlotte contributed to the meal by looking cute and encouraging us to walk and bounce off the meal after we finished eating. While the food was delicious, we all decided that Thanksgiving is more enjoyable when you aren’t the one preparing the meal.
Ben and I took Charlotte to the park on Sunday (it’s a block from our house). We initially just wanted to get some photos of her wearing one of the pretty dresses from Grandma Darcie. But then I saw the slide….and thought….I could do that with Charlotte! After I made it up to the platform; however, I started to chicken out. The slide seems a lot higher from the top! But it was either slide down or awkwardly climb down…so I chose the slide. I sat down ever so carefully and clutched Charlotte to my body…while stabilizing us with my other hand….and we slid our booties down that slide. Charly girl screamed the whole way down! I think she was really just tired. Because I am positive that in just a few short months Charlotte will be begging us to slide with her down every slide she spies.
Charlotte was 5.35 kg at her Doctor’s appointment. She also had a head circumference of 39 and was about 56.5 centimeters in length. Funny…at her 6 week check-up, I think the Doctor got a longer measurement of her length. Don’t worry, I am POSITIVE Charlotte is not shrinking. I think the Doctor previously measured her wrong. Because Charlotte is DEFINITELY growing.
I have been working out 6 nights a week and walking with Charlotte in the moby wrap as often as possible. The walks are getting tough; however, because Charlotte is getting heavier by the minute…and my back doesn’t appreciate it as much as I do. I am certainly looking forward to the stroller when we move home! I just wish we had a running stroller…too expensive for a good one, though. Oh well. That’s one of the reasons we live close to our family….babysitters galore! And Mommy can go for a run. I just want so badly to get in shape again. I plan to run a few 5Ks in the spring and summer and I know it’s going to take some work to get my booty where it needs to be in order to run these races efficiently! And feel good in my clothes again. Really though, I know I am lucky. Everyone keeps telling me it doesn’t even look like I had a baby, which of course is flattering.
Well, this post is shorter in words than I had anticipated. I think I am tired. 14 days until we hop on that plane to fly home!
1 comment:
we have a jogging stroller.. and though I have never used it jogging (yet).. it is so smooth. But you can find one on craigslist for a decent price, and a good one too, especially the craigslist for your hometown. You should check it out if you seriously want one! Miss you and can't WAIT to see you when we are both back!!!
Post a Comment