Friday, March 26, 2010

Pilates kicked my booty

Oh. My. Goodness. Why does it take so long to get in shape and then it takes less than a week to fall out of shape?

Before I was pregnant, I was in perhaps the best physical shape I have ever been. I was running up to 3 miles a day and feeling great! I stopped running when I found out I was pregnant because I was exhausted and just felt icky when I ran.

So now I have these two work-out dvd's created specifically for women who are pregnant. I began my new work-out routine on Tuesday of this week with a 15 minute "complete pregnancy" work-out catering to each month of pregnancy. It was good, but I was lacking in a ball, two weights and a resistance cord. So I had to use my imagination a bit and pretend I had a ball, two weights and a resistance cord. I imagine that was funny to watch! Good thing nobody else was around...

Today I was feeling good so I attempted a 35 minute Pilates work-out (my second DVD). And man oh man. Pilates kicked my booty! When I say I attempted a 35 minute work-out, I mean I laid on the mat at times looking at the screen as I thought "my thighs are burning! How can this pregnant work-out lady do this work-out so easily at 36 weeks pregnant AND instruct me how to work-out!?"

Anyway, overall, I like the work-outs. In spite of the Pilates kicking my booty, I do think it is my favorite of the two. It is relaxing and it simply feels good to be getting my body back in shape. I think it also improves my mood and energy level throughout the day, which makes not only me happy, but Ben as well. And if "Mama" happy, then Baby is happy too, right?

No comments: