Tuesday, March 23, 2010

And this is how we told Ben's coworkers...





It's just not my style to simply say "hey, we are having a baby." I gotta have fun with it. I mean, I will only experience being pregnant for a first time once, right? So why not have fun with it? Plus, it gives me something to do.

Anyway, I bought the supplies to make these cupcakes about 6 weeks ago. Pink and blue edible sparkles for the icing and pink and blue rocking horses. Ha, can you tell I was excited? My idea was for Ben to take the cupcakes to work and just say "Take a pink one if you think it's going to be a girl and take a blue one if you think it's going to be a boy. Oh yeah, Amanda's pregnant."

So we spent Monday preparing the tasty treats (it was a South African holiday so Ben was home from work!). Now, I know I am dressed all "cute" in my little floral sundress (which surprisingly I think will continue to fit for another month or so because of the way it is cut! YAY!) but I actually wore sweatpants and a t-shirt while baking...and changed back into my cozies right after we took the pics. I just don't want you to be mislead into thinking I am one of those preggo gals who looks cute 24/7...because I am not :) Too much work! But I still want to look cute for pictures...

Well...as I type this, Ben is at work. I have yet to hear how the cupcakes have been received. But I will be sure to let you know the outcome! And...just so you know, there were an even number of pink and an even number of blue....so I am guessing there will be a tie for boy and girl...(that doesn't mean I am pregnant with both, oh no! I don't think so! Just means that both genders are still in the running! Until late April at least...)


2 comments:

Kelley said...

you are too cute! and amazing you can still wear that cute dress! i really want a cupcake now ;)

Benanda said...

Thanks! I need to try your cupcake recipe. I shall think of a good reason to make them...