Friday, March 12, 2010

Anticipation

In just two days and about 5ish hours, we will have our second round of guests here in South Africa. Oh yes, I am certainly excited! I have been jotting down notes and ideas for these visitors for at least the past couple months. Finally, I have been able to begin the action part of my notes. Aww, and it is a good feeling to mark things off of a "To DO" List, isn't it!?

We still have a few important details to take care of. Obtaining another mattress for example. None of my bro-in-laws will be caught sleeping on the couch! Fortunately we will be picking up a bed from our neighbor's later on this evening and then we can have the bedrooms in full order! Ben will take care of cleaning the guest bathroom :) And I will add some special final touches here and there before they arrive!

I spent a few hours on Thursday preparing cinnamon roll dough. I knew I wouldn't want to spend all day Sunday making cinnamon rolls, so I thought this the best option. However, I am not sure how the rolls will cook up after being frozen. I am hoping they rise to perfection and melt in the mouth just like the couple I sampled. (Hey, a cook's gotta make sure the goods are acceptable!) Here's the thing with the frozen rolls. I googled and googled until I found some lady's blog stating that she freezes her rolls in the rolled form, then slices them, let's them rise and bakes them right up. I am hoping she is a reliable source. After all, I really don't want my in-laws to have to eat cereal for breakfast...

I also have prepared another special surprise which I am hesitant to write about in this blog. What if one of my soon to arrive guests reads this blog before they hop on the plane? That would spoil the surprise. And so, I will have to leave off this fun little tid-bit. Shame...because I could have added a picture to this blog! Aw well. Maybe next time!

Our Saturday will be spent running errands and sprucing up those last loose ends (fresh groceries for example). And then finally...Sunday will wake us up with the anticipation of our guests arrival later that afternoon! And the arrival of at least one suitcase full of goods I am having them cart over...hey, most of the items are perishable!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

yay to updates! so excited for you all and your set of visitors. they are going to have so much fun :)