March 30, 2010
How far along am I today?
13 weeks, slowly getting there…
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
Ummm, nothing so far. It has not been a good day for eating. Though I suppose the cheddar cheese I sprinkled on my salad for lunch smelled good at least.
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
Ben and I both had a craving for Taco Bell on Sunday. I wanted 3 crunchy tacos and nachos, Ben just wanted crunchy tacos. Very odd for me to crave Taco Bell. I mean, while I grew up eating at this restaurant quite regularly with my Daddy, I was pretty sick of it by high school. I also craved many foods from Grandma Gentry’s house…pickled cucumbers, pickled beets, and banana bread (WITH walnuts!). Mmm, that banana bread was quite delicious. Too bad it’s all gone. I think I am craving foods from my childhood. I still can’t stand the thought of poultry. EWE!
Any new symptoms this past week?
Well, my baby bump is popping out a little more with each day. There have been a few mornings where I wake up and feel as though I did an intense abs work-out; however, I know that it is actually just the baby bump pushing through my abs and “ruining” their nice definition. Aw well, it’s all a part of pregnancy, right? The headaches have continued and some days are quite bothersome…especially if there is light around. Finally, I have experienced some sharp pains which the Dr. says are normal- round ligament pains I believe.
What about the exercise routine?
I have really enjoyed getting back into an exercise routine over the past week. It has just been great. My morning routine takes a little longer, but it is totally worth it. I can already feel a difference in my thighs and arms. They just feel stronger! I have been alternating the two work-out DVD’s and there are qualities to each DVD I enjoy. I like the pilates because I always “feel the burn.” The complete pregnancy work-out is at a more slow and relaxed pace, which is nice. They also focus a lot on safety, which is important while working out during pregnancy.
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
Nothing new on my sleep. It’s still the same, sleep for an hour, wake-up, sleep for an hour, wake-up. I also continue to be pretty tired throughout the day….so I am looking forward to that energy boost that is supposed to kick in at some point during this second trimester!
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
Baby is apparently the size of a Nutter Butter cookie (which by the way sound quite tasty at the moment…too bad they don’t have Nutter Butter’s here in Safrica!). Baby weighs about 20 grams and is about 3 inches in length.
And special milestones for baby?
Baby’s eyes are working on their development while they are fused shut to protect them during this process. Baby’s intestines are also now where they are supposed to be inside his/her body, the bones and skull are solidifying, teeth are in place (beneath the gums) and his/her voice box is set and ready to go. Amazing!
How about the baby’s activity?
Baby is very active! And we have video to prove it. We had our 12 week check-up last Wednesday and saw how much our little one has grown. It was incredible to see this tiny human punching his/her fists, kicking his/her legs and flipping around and around. I felt so relieved to know our baby is active and healthy!
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
We had our 12 week appointment as I mentioned previously last Wednesday, so just under a week ago. It was pretty awesome to hear our baby’s heartbeat and just see him/her up on the screen. I was surprised to see how much our little kiddo has grown since we first got a glimpse and I am already looking forward to our next appointment. Heck, we get to find out baby’s gender if baby cooperates! April 24….so fun! Pray for a cooperative baby! (And healthy of course…)
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
Ben, Kelly Gasper and I went to Montecasino (an entertainment mall place) here in South Africa on Sunday to see a movie and get some lunch. As we were walking to the theater, we took a detour through the casino (it’s quicker). The security guy got in my face and stopped me, saying “how old are you!?” I coolly replied “25. And I am pregnant too, wanna feel?” I was a little offended because I felt like I was dressed nice, my hair was styled, make-up applied….and I still get stopped. I hope I can handle the looks and comments from people when they think I am a teen mom. Because that is certain to happen…
PS) I apologize for the delay in my blogging about the Connell's South African adventure 2 weeks ago. My schoolwork has gotten the best of me and I have not had time to do the blog story justice. All that to say...it will come...I promise!
1 comment:
Sweetheart, I loved reading about the update on your pregnancy. I love you and miss you!! Just mom
Post a Comment