Friday, August 7, 2009

Okay, soo...

A dear friend of mine told me I should update my blog when I was wondering what I should do. So, here I am, updating my blog. This isn't going to be a fun, adventurous blog, but one of my current thoughts. You might be able to help me process these thoughts, if you are interested.

I blogged previously about wondering what I should do with my time here. Well, over this past week, I felt much better about what I have been doing: reading, learning more about myself and who God created me to be, praying, making dinner, baking, working out and spending time with my new friends. I even remembered one thing that I have always wanted to do: write a book. My hesitations in writing a book are few...what do I write about? Am I good enough? But I don't enjoy research...and I want my book to be accurate. I love authors like Lynn Austin and Francine Rivers...their words bring a story such beauty and life...and they cause me to THINK. They challenge me to dig deeper inside myself and LEARN. I want to write something that does that. I want to write because God has called me to do so, not just because I want to.

So then I get a call last night from a children's organization to volunteer. I am split. I thought that is what I wanted to do, but then this week happened. I know some of you are thinking "you have time to do it all!" But that has been my downfall in the past- I spread myself too thin, allowing myself to become stressed and very easily frustrated. That's not fair to Ben! Or me... or anyone else for that matter. What do I do? I guess I should just go and visit the organization and see what happens. My appointment is scheduled for Tuesday. You can say a little prayer for me that day, if you wish!

Assignment for my readers:
1- Please post any ideas or thoughts you have in regards to me writing a book. I enjoy the 1800's and historical christian fiction is what I will likely write.

2- Please post any advice you have in regards to volunteering.

3- or not :)

Anyway, I want to end this blog on a light note. Let's see...something funny... I wore my 7th grade gym shorts yesterday. Haha!

Love and bless you all!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

that is crazy that you still fit into your 7th grade gym shorts! Mine only fit over 1 thigh. ;)
thanks for posting! I hope it filled a little bit a time for you! I definitely think you should write a book. You've talked about it forever and when would be a better time to do it. So I vote for no volunteering but instead work on your book. It will fill up a lot of your time. Think about it, you have to research, write, edit, use big words, re-edit, write more, proof read, insert bigger words, edit some more, submit somewhere, laugh, cry, write more. It is quite the project :) love you dear!

Benanda said...

I agree. I have thought and prayed on it a TON this weekend. And I think I know what God wants me to write. Okay, I know. He told me! And I am so excited, but it will involve research and dedication and I am sure lots of tears as He refines me to write the words He wants me to. Goodness! Exciting!