When will we learn? We submitted ourselves to another early morning wake up call this past Saturday. We did so because we wanted to see the cheetah's run...and they only do so at an early hour, apparently. So, once again, we pulled ourselves out of bed and into the car for the short drive to see the cheetah's.
For those of you who know me well, you know how I am when I am tired. I am slap happy, goofy, clumsy, just plain out of it. During the drive there, I am not exactly sure what all I said. I do remember laughter...
Anyway, we made it. First ones there. We figured that should guarantee us a good spot to see the cheetah's run. But, you know how it is. There were others, overbearing and LATE. They started the tour about 15 minutes late to allow the latecomers to get there. So frustrating for those of us who woke up early to get there on time. Oh well, life. We lined up outside, just a couple feet from where the cheetah's would run. Kelly and I stood poised with our cameras, super excited to catch some action shots! But, apparently, so was the guy in his blue jacket. With his monster bazooka lens. Guess he wanted to put us to shame and thought he was above the rules of standing back to allow others to get pictures. By the time I had the art of jumping forward and back to catch the shots I wanted, the cheetahs were done. And blue guy had the best pics. Stinkin' blue guy.
The next excitement came with petting a cheetah. (Don't worry, Molly, you are still and always will be my number one kitty! He wasn't near as soft as you!) He purred so loudly and appeared so content as we were allowed to touch him. There is another picture of Kelly and I totally fixed on the big cat, and not the camera. The guys just grin forward, oblivious to the kitty! Haha!
Finally, we hopped in a safari vehicle to drive through the cages. yes, cages. Not quite as cool as Makweti, and the rocking motion of the vehicle and a sleep deprived Amanda...well, you can imagine. I didn't totally fall asleep. I just rested my eyes. Apparently I did miss something though. The blue guy sat in front of us with his big fat camera. And at one point the tour guide explained that as soon as cheetah's are finished mating, they fight like crazy and have to split up. The blue guy said "just like Americans." WHAT!?!?!?! I know he knew we were Americans, because we were talking a lot and our "accent" is a dead give away. And he knew we were right behind him, too. Not nice. Not all Americans are like that, blue guy.
Oh yes, I mustn't forget the Wild dogs. We also saw packs of dogs at the cheetah facility. You should hear these puppies yip! It sounds like a squeaky toy. They just kind of bounce with excitement, yipping and yapping and squeaking away. At one point, I will say I was a little nervous because they were following us and jumping quite high. And we were in the backseat! Fortunately, our guides brought them food, and that food was not us.
Well, basically, that was our day. We did check out another craft market, but it wasn't near as awesome as Bryanston and Rosebank. So, soon-to-be-visitors, we won't visit that destination. Just Bryanston and Rosebank for you!
2 comments:
you should have used the hound from the last post to teach the blue guy a lesson :) lovely pictures even if the blue guy thought he got the best i think you won. love.
aww, sweet. thanks!
Post a Comment