Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More Pictures from Makweti

So, for those of you who don't know, it takes about 30 minutes to load 4 pictures onto each blog. I had a lot more pictures I wanted to add from our safari, but it was late when I finished writing and I was tired. And I had made a promise to a dear brother-in-law and cousin back in Kansas that I would have my blog up for them before I fell asleep. So that is why my previous blog did not contain all of the pictures I intended.

Lucky Makweti, it gets TWO of my blogs! Might I add for those of you who might find some humor in this, the Makweti staff found my blog via google! Can you just imagine my red face when I found out? Fortunately, they have been very kind. I just hope that Andrew (the Guide) understands that I think he is also a great Guide, just more energy than slowed down me! Hopefully, if we are able to return, it will be remembered with humor. :)

That said....here are the pictures I wanted to include:
Sunset....it was sooo pretty! The sun went down very quickly as we stood and watched with out cold drinks.

This is the owl Jacque spotted for us...I just barely caught him in action!

Animal bottoms. They all come together for a special moment at the watering hole.

And the hippos. Two pics of them for your entertainment. The picture above is the first time we saw them and the picture below is the second time...after they moved a bit.