That's right. My baby sister "took the plunge" and said "I do" a little over a week ago on September 17, 2011. It's been a busy couple weeks with the wedding and all (I'm working part time now!!)- but good. And I thought I should take a moment to share some photos and thoughts from my sister's special day.
There were so many cameras flashing that day (between the photographers and the videographers!) I opted to leave my camera in the bag most of the time. So...I do apologize for not having a photo of the bride and groom all decked out in their wedding attire! In about a month when they get their photos back I'm sure I will share a few :)
For now...here's what you get.
She was singing along to her Father/Daughter dance song here...
My little family
Love my sweet girl!
And so I will leave you with my "Maid of Honor" speech. I threw it together on the drive to the hair salon...
"Pam knows the first part of this story quite well...it's one I've told her many times....when I was about 5 years old I decided I wanted a sister. So, without consulting my parents, I began praying for a little sister.
Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when our parents informed us a baby was on the way (even though they were!). I counted down the days to meet my baby sister (because naturally I knew she was going to be a girl!)...I was quite excited to dress her up and play house with her!
Finally the day arrived and I proudly held out my hands to hold my sister.
SHE SCREAMED!
In that moment, in my 6-year-old mind, I realized my baby sister wasn't just going to be my playmate.
SHE WAS PAM.
(Little did we know another new baby was letting his family know HE WAS ANDREW!)
The next 19 years were a beautiful blur of Pam becoming more PAM (and I am sure Andrew becoming more Andrew!)...until...
That one special day the world of Pam and the world of Andrew collided.
It seems from the day of that collision these two have been inseparable. I can hardly believe I'm standing here as my baby sister's maid of honor, dressing her up as a bride and sending her down the aisle to marry the man God chose for her.
I knew it would take one special man to be Pam's husband (because Pam can be a handful sometimes!). Andrew, you're him. I know you've already learned Pam is full of surprises and I just wanted to say I am confident you two will do quite well with God's help. Rely on Him always! We love you...
Congrats Pam and Andrew!





No comments:
Post a Comment