Of course we are all just one person in a big world, right? This blog, however, is specific to Ben and me (Amanda!)...and our growing family! Join us as we record the chapters of our life...a true gift from our LOVE, Jesus.
Friday, September 16, 2011
He's with us
I'm so thankful for this precious child. When I think back two years, four years, eight years, etc....I know I had no idea what God had in store for me. Do any of us?
I gotta think, no.
Ben and I met and started dating over ten years ago...we were teenagers with the "world ahead of us." I am pretty sure when we met we didn't even realize we would end up spending the rest of our lives together...but here we are. Hitched and raising our beautiful gift from God together.
Since Ben and I "decided" we were ready to have kids (I say "decided" because it really wasn't up to us! It was and IS totally up to GOD if He decides to give us children...and who the kiddos are He entrusts to us...), I knew there was no guarantee God would give us a healthy baby, let alone a baby at all. I was- still am- painfully aware that He can so easily take Charlotte from me in a heartbeat.
I look around me and I am very aware of people around me undergoing trials of many kinds. Friends who have had to bury their baby. Another friend who holds her baby as she seizes in her arms daily.
Did they have any idea two years ago, four years, eight years...that this is where they would be today?
I don't think so.
My heart breaks for them and so many others suffering in like ways. I know that I have no clue, really, what they are going through. But I know it is painful, heartbreaking, faith shaking. And so I just want to pray for my friends, and others in their shoes.
Jesus, wrap these families in Your sweet embrace. Draw them close to You, pull them under Your Wing and shield them from the enemy. Remove the doubts, the worry and fear. Replace these doubts, worries, fears with Your strength, Your peace, Your Joy. Be their HOPE today, Father. Give them relief from their afflictions...renew Your sweet love within their hearts...And Father, even though I am sure this isn't how they pictured their lives, please remind them that YOU are with them. amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know you wrote this LAST friday. But I just read it today. Love you! and I am so thankful to be friends with you again! Excited to see you tomorrow night! And God is with us!
Thanks for the prayers friend :)
Post a Comment