Thursday, September 1, 2011

our Glory, our Joy

"For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation?  Is it not even You, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming?  For YOU are our Glory and Joy."  1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

I know...another blog about Hope, right?  Well, it's important!  :)

I've contemplated this before and I continue to wonder...do I live in such a way that reflects Jesus is my Hope?  I pray daily for Charlotte...asking that she know Jesus is her only Hope.  But lately I have been struck by the fact I need to also pray my Hope is evident to Charlotte.  I need to pray that my life, my actions and words display to Charlotte that my HOPE is in Jesus.

I can hardly explain the number of times in a day I feel like a failure- in all areas!  As a wife, a homemaker, a Christian, a Mommy, friend, daughter, sister, social worker, etc.  And I'd say I am kind of known for being hard on myself.  My husband can attest to this fact!  See, I try hard.  I try desperately to be good at everything I do, all the roles I've been given.  But all too often I come up short.  I fail.  And I become disappointed in myself, ashamed and embarrassed.

But I am learning.

Even though I try to be the best at all of these things I mentioned, the truth is, it will never be good enough.  I will, in fact, always come up short.

AND THAT IS OKAY.

Because I cannot do it on my own.  I have to rely on Christ.  I have to rest in Him...exult Him as my only Hope, my Glory, my Joy.  I'm so thankful we have a God who doesn't expect or ask for perfection from us.  And it is pretty awesome to know that He loves us and offers us such great Hope.


1 comment:

Our Journey said...

I don't think you ever come up short as a sister... You are the best big sister I could ever ask for because you do so much for me. Love you big sis!