Friday, August 26, 2011

Pamdamonium: A wedding Shower




 

My little sister is getting married in just a couple weeks...September 17.  Sometimes I have a hard time believing it...because she has always been the rambunctious one of our family...but it is true!  My fun-spirited, rowdy little sister is getting married at the ripe age of 20!

Since my sister's such a fun gal, I decided to have a little fun with her shower.  I even gave it a name...a play off of her name..."Pamdamonium."  (Get it?  Pandemonium!!)

To create "pamdamonium," I had everyone play a game I made up...a sort of relay race to the alter.  Each team was given a gift bag containing 7 envelopes with 7 tasks as well as everything they needed to complete those tasks.

When I said, "GO!"  each team opened up envelope number 1...and the race was on.  As each team completed the tasks, they were permitted to move on and open the next envelope.  Our group wasn't quite as competitive as I had envisioned...but I still think everyone had a good time.  The best part was the end of the game...step #7!  You'll see why...Here's the instructions:


Everyone knows weddings can create a little bit of pandemonium (chaos!).  While this game will be a toned down version of this important event, it may stir up some “bride-like” jitters in you!
Just follow each step as you prepare for the “big day.”  First team to complete all steps in order wins!

1-     We will start where most brides do….the wedding dress.  Use the white t-shirts and scissors to create a spectacular design for the bride.  (Keep in mind; you are in a time crunch!)  All members at the table must raise their hands when this step is complete.  A hostess will check your gown for completion…so you can move on!

2-     You’ll need a veil to go with that dress.  I know.  The veil’s not white.  But Pam’s not the kind of bride to follow every tradition, now is she!?  Use the tulle and pipe cleaners to construct your veil.  All members at the table must raise their hands when this step is complete.  Hostess will check your veil for completion…so you can move on!

3-     This next step is one many brides leave to the last second.  Write the wedding vows!  Here are the rules:  Fill in the blanks..be creative and HAVE FUN!   As usual, all members at the table must raise their hands when this step is complete.  Hostess will check your vows for completion…so you can move on!  **Note- the winning team’s vows will be read to all at the end of the game!

4-     Assemble the “bow” quet.  Use small plate with hole in center as the base.  String ribbons through the center to create this important bridal accessory.  All members at the table must raise their hands when this step is complete.  Hostess will check your “bow”quet for completion…so you can move on!

5-     Cake!  Cake is certainly a wedding staple.  Use the cupcake and cake decorating supplies to prepare your wedding cake for the big day.  The cupcake must be frosted evenly and smoothly.  Make it look pretty!  You don’t want the bride to send it back, do you?  As usual, all members at the table must raise their hands when this step is complete.  Hostess will check your “cakes” for completion…so you can move on!

6-     Get the bride’s (PAM!!) attention.  She needs to come join your team…then it is your duty to walk her (as a team) to the “alter.”

 7-     Missing something…or someONE?  THE GROOM!  Better call him…(groom's phone number here) and tell him not to leave his bride standing at the alter!








SO!  What do you think?  Super awesome ending, right?  Andrew, the groom was the big surprise ending, if you didn't get that part from task #7.  I think it was fun for the guests to see the groom take part in the shower as well as see the cute couple interact together before their Big Day.  


After Andrew arrived, he and Pam read the winning team's "wedding vows" (which were funny!), they cut the cake, and answered questions for the next and final game: Pamdrew Trivia.  Pamdrew Trivia was a list of questions about the couple which the guests had to complete.  Then, "Pamdrew" answered the questions together for the guests.  The guest with the most right answers won the prize.  (My Mom!  Haha!)



Pamdrew finished off the shower by opening all of their gifts.  They got a massive loot- and Pam ended up with a gynormous (and very purple!), beautiful Bowquet.  And I can't forget- they also received a handy collection of house cleaners.  I asked each guest to bring their favorite house cleaner instead of a card.  (I mean, cards are just as expensive if not sometimes MORE expensive than some house cleaners these days!  So why not give the couple something they can use!?)




 OH YEAH!  I made the party favors...Lavenmint Body Salts....

Lavenmint Soak
Contains:  


Epsom salts, cornstarch, baking soda, citric acid, extra virgin olive oil, and essential oils
Directions:
Empty contents into a tub (big or small) of warm water and soak your hands, feet or body. Relax and enjoy! 


 








1 comment:

Our Journey said...

I love it! The pics you got were cute too!! We can also see if anyone else got good pictures!