Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ARC Creations...grand opening!



I previously mentioned  that I have been working hard at creating an Etsy shop.  Well, I finally have it up and running!  I must say, the hardest part was creating the above pictured banner.  See, I have Adobe photoshop, but I have never officially learned to use it.  Basically, I just kind of twiddle around with the program until I get it to do what I want.  It took a couple days of twiddling to figure out the banner.  But I DID!  And I am quite proud of the results.

Not to mention the fact that my model is the CUTEST EVER!  Here's a close up of those head shots...




Anyway.  Ben has been pressing me to "get a hobby" (a money making hobby!) since before we were married.  He made it sound so easy!  Like I could just go pick up a hobby from the store.  I kept telling him I DID have hobbies: reading, photography, baking.  While I have earned SOME cash from photography, I haven't earned a lot...(I have a hard time charging friends and family!).  

When we moved back to the USA, my friend Laurisa showed me how to make these awesome headbands...and so I started making them by the dozen for Charlotte.  (Not sure if you've noticed in former photos of my Charly girl??  haha!).  Eventually, I decided I needed to share my craftiness with the "world."  PLUS, I figured I could earn some monies...and therefore fulfill Ben's dream of his wife toting a money-making hobby.  So...we shall see if the money-making part comes true.  Because I've sure got the hobby part down pat.  (P.S.)  Thank you Laurisa for teaching me how to do these!) 

Besides making the banner...as well as creating the actual product, it also took some time to photograph the items I have for sale.  I wanted the photos to be somewhat unique...and I may have laid awake in bed for a few hours trying to come up with an idea (sorry Ben!).  I finally settled on asking my Grandma to be my hand model.  The photos aren't as "artistic" as I had hoped (they aren't shot in natural light.  Of course the sun shines before and after my Grandma is able to come by for the photos!)...but I think they still do the trick.  Next round of product will hopefully be shot in natural light...

Here's a sample of what I have for sale in my shop....but keep in mind, I have many more to come!  Especially with Christmas just around the corner...I have so many ideas!!!




I hope you stop by to visit ARC Creations!  And please...spread the word....

1 comment:

Kelley said...

So cute girl! congrats on getting it up and running