I decided to check the mail this past Friday on my way to pick up some dry cleaning. Much to my surprise, I found a notice stating that I had a package to pick up from the Post Office! Oh happy day, I jumped back into our car and made my way over to the Post Office for my prize. I wasn't even phased by the 25 minute wait in line. It didn't matter. I was getting a package!
I suppressed my smile as I proudly handed the retrieval slip to the Post Office Lady (only 1 was working even though they have 3 service windows. Hey, it's South Africa!), signed the log book and waited patiently for her return. And oh boy, was her return gladly received by this lady! It was a BIG box! My oh my! You Greenings! You spoil us! Now I was not only trying to suppress my smile but also some tears. I was so very touched by this loving thought-felt gift from our dear friends. I hefted the box into my arms and made my way out of the Post Office. Then I carried it around the grocery store with me.
And finally- I took it home where it was finally safe to open the glorious box. (I know, I should have waited for Ben, but I was simply too excited!) And what did I find!? Fall in a box! Apple wood chips, Halloween Oreos, Reese's (two sizes!), pumpkin candy, skeleton gummies, Fall sprinkles, 2 cans of pumpkin puree, yummy Fall flavored tea and tea bags, Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses...oh my! (I only ate 1 Reese's before Ben got home. He said it was okay!)
I can hardly begin to describe how thankful I am for these beloved friends of ours. What I know is God has blessed us very much. And now I get to bake Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, decorate Fall sugar cookies, drink yummy tea...and the list goes on...
3 comments:
What wonderful friends you have -- so many yummy, fun things! Fall is my favorite season -- glad you are able to partake in it too (despite the warm temps!)!
http://www.venanciofamily.com
which size of reese's are your favorite? :)love you dear!
see, that is a tough question, Kelley. The mini's are good when i just need a burst of chocolate and PB. But the reg. size ones are good for well always.. so it's a tough call. You did good on getting both!
Love ya too!
Post a Comment