Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My little pumpkins

Seriously, I think my little man smiles for nearly every photo.... so it's quite an accomplishment to capture one of his non-smiley faces in his Halloween get-up!  But I think big sis Charlotte smiled enough for the two of them!

I gotta just be honest.  Halloween is not my favorite holiday... but Autumn is quite possibly my favorite season.  Especially when I get to spend it with my two little pumpkins!  Our days this Autumn have mostly been spent at home, indoors.  (Mostly because it is easier for me to not leave the house with these two littles on my own!)  

We've enjoyed lots of snuggles... playing.... baking... rocking... coloring... baking... snuggling... Curious George... playing...  baking... snuggling... you get the picture.

Baking has been the most fun with Charlotte!  She says, "Mama, cookie doughs!"  And then I set her up on the counter next to the mixer and she spoons in the dry ingredients and watches everything form together into cookie "doughs."  Sometimes she sneaks a few finger dips and she says, "mmmmm."  Not to mention the chocolate chips.... because chocolate always seems to make any baked good THAT much better!  






A midst all of the baking and snuggling we somehow squeezed in a trip to the pumpkin patch... one of my favorite traditions!  And for reals...so much fun to do with my little pumpkins!!  And my man of course...



Papa Larry and Gramma Darcie came along for this year's Pumpkin trip!  Papa Larry is the one who found this pumpkin patch back when I was a kid.


Charlotte had so much fun running from pumpkin to pumpkin.  She often shouted with much excitement, "MAMA!!  PUNKINS!!!"  I love how every little thing is so exciting for a two year old.  




Charlotte is also at the stage where she says, "I do it, I do it."  About everything.  Even hoisting up large pumpkins is something my strong little lady determines she can do!


Maybe it's the cherry rain boots?  I dunno.  



Fortunately she does accept a little help here and there from those she loves... like papa and gramma!


We attempted a family pic at the patch.  But, as a friend of ours pointed out, "it will be years before we are all looking at the camera and smiling!"  Haha ;)  This photo captures us now...


We settled on one big family pumpkin and a couple of small pumpkins to turn into pumpkin puree.  For all of our baking, you know....


Charlotte of course had to help pull the pumpkin trailer...


And Cale just continued being his cute self in the baby carrier with Daddy.  Because seriously, what else do you do when you are just barely two months old?  (But the size of a four month old...!)



Eventually Charlotte decided riding in the wagon was more fun.  Especially with her blanky...  (hmm...I am not sure I have washed that thing in awhile....ehh, that's okay...)



Charlotte, Gramma and I finished up our pumpkin patch day with a ride on the tractor.  It was a bit "scawey" for Charlotte at first... so I enjoyed some sweet snuggles with my two year old pumpkin!




Oh goodness me.  I love these two!  



No comments: