Saturday, November 3, 2012

a frog and an asian princess




So we dressed up our kiddos for Halloween.  Because even though it's not my favorite holiday, it is pretty stinking fun to participate in the festivities.  And because I know it is something I enjoyed as a kid and I am sure they will have fond memories of as well...

Anyway.

Since Charlotte was born, I had envisioned dressing my babies up in a cute little pumpkin costume.  However, that has yet to happen.

Because Cale was a froggy this year and Charlotte was a spider (Charlotte's web) for her first Halloween back in the USA.  

Cale was a froggy basically because his Aunty Pam gave him a frog hat.  So why not just cap off the outfit with a green onesie and pants he can reuse?  I am all about getting costumes that can be worn beyond Halloween.  (I used to select my costumes as a kid based upon getting a new clothing article.  Seriously...I thought it through that much!  Even as a child.  That's me though...a planner...)

Cale wasn't so happy sitting in his chair by himself for a photo opp.



But he perked right up when Mommy picked him up.  He melts my heart, that boy!  He has so many smiles for me every day!  I am one lucky gal, for sure!  Because he is one handsome and sweet little man!



Charlotte has these Japanese pajamas her Papa Craig brought her back from his travels.  And so it just made sense to dress her up as an asian princess for this Halloween.  She was quite excited to wear them and kept saying "pretty!" about the flowers and design on the fabric.  I wasn't so sure she would keep the chopsticks in her hair...but thanks to Grandma Darcie, we met with success!




But I think she would be the prettiest asian princess....with or without the chopsticks!


We didn't do a lot of trick-or-treating this year, just visited the grandparents and treated at the shopping center near our home.... I didn't want to have to battle Charlotte over candy.  She loves anything sweet and snubs anything healthy.  (Unless our friend Rachel J. offers it to her, than of course, she will eat whatever!)  

Fortunately, I don't think I will have to battle Cale about candy this year.  He is happy with milk for now and more than satisfied if his weight is any proof!

No comments: