Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cale: Three Months


Well... I apparently have met my limit with photo storage for this blog?  I am a bit confused by that.  But I have attempted loading Cale's 3 month post for a week now and I cannot load any more photos.  If you are an internet/blog genius and can inform me what to do...I would love to know!  Or if you know of a different free blogging dealy-bobbin that I can record my family journal with, that would also be appreciated!

So anyway...on with Cale's 3 month report (minus some fun details including Thanksgiving!!!


Three Months
November 22, 2012

And so we have been blessed with another month with our sweet son, Cale.  Our little man experienced his first big cold with a nasty cough, though we may have thought it was much worse than a cold and taken him to the Doctor…  (The on-call nurse told us we had to bring him in because of his cough and his age.  Then of course, $80 later we were informed it was just a cold and we had to let it run its’ course.  This Mama is learning more about those germies every day!)

I think I probably entered Cale’s third month feeling the pressure to iron out a clear-cut schedule for our little guy.  I, being me, tried everything I could think of to get Cale to eat on a schedule and nap on a schedule.  I exhausted myself, Cale, Charlotte and Daddy.  And by the end of this third month with my Bubba, I have realized it is OKAY that he is not on a schedule.  While, yes, I am a “routine” kind of person, I find I am happier when I am more relaxed about Cale eating and sleeping.  Actually, I think our whole household is happier when I am more relaxed…haha….!  So basically, Cale naps here and there throughout the day.  He usually naps around 5-7 hours total during the daytime hours, though he spends more time awake as each week passes by!  And he eats here and there throughout the day…though he is also eating quicker and less frequently.  Hallelujah!

Night time has improved immensely!  By leaps and bounds, truly.  Cale is sleeping in his crib (well, most of the night anyway…sometimes we get a little lazy if he wakes up after 4am…) for a good stretch of the night.  Daddy is the most successful at getting Cale to sleep in his crib.  I will certainly not own the credit for that one!  SOOOO thankful to have a husband who loves being a Daddy and doesn’t expect me to do everything…and do it perfectly.

Cale loves to sit in his bouncy chair….which is pink.  Poor guy.  Sometimes I put a blue blanket on top, but sometimes he just has to rock it out in the pink.  His manliness owns that pink color anyway.  So it is okay. 

Cale also enjoys being naked.  Or at least in his diaper.  It almost never fails that when Cale starts  fussing and I start removing layers of clothing from his body, he gets happier and happier.  And I must admit…I do quite enjoy his baby thighs and tummy!  And fingers…and toes….I just love the baby chub!

Cale loves to chatter and coo.  And of course I LOVE it!  My favorite, for sure!  And he has even giggled a couple of times.  The giggles happen when I blow raspberries at him.  He loves the raspberries!  Such a boy!

My days are full for sure.  Full with my sweet Charlotte and bubba Cale.  I continue to learn more about myself as a mommy and as a person in general with every day.  I feel so blessed to be their Mommy and get to spend my days with them.  True, some days we might get a little “stir crazy,” but Ian more than grateful!  And I am glad that God is teaching me to RELAX and not be so worried about every. Little. Thing. 

I love you, Cale.  You are such a sweetie!  Your smiles and coos bring light to my days.  May you continue to grow in HIS light and goodness.  Know that He loves you, He made you and you need Him.  You are His.

No comments: