TWO MONTHS
October 22, 2012
I feel like Cale is older than just two months. It could be due to his large size or maybe
just the fact that he is my second baby…. Or maybe because I am feeling more
relaxed overall…
It’s funny. I think
most people say, “I can’t imagine what life was like before *insert name* was
born.” But it is so true! It’s crazy to me to think that just over two
months ago this little man was merely hanging around in my belly. And this time last year he was only a distant
possible dream. But now here he
is. Strapped to me in the moby wrap
snoozing away the afternoon.
Oh the moby wrap.
Both a blessing and a curse! I
try to only use it as a last resort when nothing else works and/or I am
preoccupied with a “play date” or making dinner or some other task that
deviates my direct focus from CALE. And
it just so happens that Cale’s 2 month week has been a busy one. One in which he took most of his naps in the
moby wrap. Super handy! But also super spoiling.
In spite of Cale’s finicky moby wrap naps, we have made
progress in the sleep department overall.
At around 7 and a half weeks, I started getting Cale to nap in his crib…which
soon progressed to sleeping at night in his crib! Oh bliss.
Such bliss to have a bed to stretch out in and SLEEP in without worry for
my baby right next to me! Of course he
is not quite “sleeping through the night…” but he IS sleeping for closer to
three hours at a time instead of one and a half to two hours. (Of course I say that and then as soon as
Cale hit the two month mark he transitioned back to old habits…but oh, such is
life, right!?)
Cale enjoys tummy time more than Charlotte ever did. He lifts his head straight in the air and
looks around. He even “accidentally”
rolled over to his back from his tummy three times in a row one day! But I am positive that was just a fluke…and
more likely due to the way his arms were positioned (thanks to mommy!). But, Cale?
I say it is because you are smart.
And you are a stud.
Speaking of studliness.
Cale weighed in at 14 lbs 5 oz at his 2 month checkup! I was expecting over 13 lbs, but not over 14
lbs! Charlotte had already started to
taper off in her growth by this age, so I am surprised he is still such a big
boy! It will be fun to see how he grows
over the next month and so on. Cale has
also grown a couple inches in height though I cannot recall the exact
measurement. He is pretty much catching
up quickly to his big sister! Our little
tank.
Cale is also a very smiley baby. He has been since he was about three weeks
and those big smiles just keep growing in size and frequency. I love LOVE LOVE them! Especially when I can coax them out of him so
easily. Melts my heart away like a piece
of ice on hot summer pavement. He coos
and just simply makes the most precious baby noises. Even his toots are cute. Which by the way sound like a grown man’s
toots…some day he will be proud of that, I am sure. Boys are like that, right?
I also should note I think Cale looks a bit like his Uncle
Brock, my brother. I love that he has a
slight resemblance to his Uncle Brock, especially because Uncle Brock lives so
far away in Seattle. I determined with a
friend today that it is Cale’s nose and forehead that bring out Brock
qualities. We will see for sure at
Christmas time when I get to introduce the two of them! I am so excited!!
Oh, Cale. I love your
little thighs and baby bottom and solid belly and soft hands and feet and long eyelashes
and big cheeser grins! And bubble
blowing and loud toots and coos and the way you grab my hair! And…and….I could go on and on…I JUST PLAIN LOVE YOU, CALE!!
...and because I cannot choose just a couple.... I must include my favorite photos of my sweet little guy!
Seriously, Cale. You are way too handsome. Even with your grandpa hair. ;)
![]() |
| LOVE the BIG CHEESER grin you give us, Cale! |













1 comment:
He's so cute - love the chub :) And that black and white picture of him wrapped in the blanket on his tummy is awesome!
Post a Comment