Thursday, December 8, 2011

Joy Has Dawned

It's the title of a song we sang in church this past Sunday.  I want to just take a minute to say how much I appreciate our church, Redeemer, and the thought and prayer they put into our worship each week.  We sing weighty songs, my friends.  But they are OH SO STINKING BEAUTIFUL!  And they tug at my heart and remind of the truths of which I desperately need reminded.

And since I previously blogged about our need to focus on Him, especially now...I figured the words to this song are pretty prevalent...

"Joy has dawned upon the world, 
Promised from creation-
God's salvation now unfurled,
HOPE for every nation.
Not with fanfares from above,
Not with scenes of glory,
But a humble gift of love-
Jesus born of Mary.

Sounds of wonder fill the sky
with the songs of angels
as the might Prince of Life
shelters in a stable.
Hands that set each star in place,
shaped the earth in darkness,
cling now to a mother's breast,
vulnerable and helpless.

Shepherds bow before the Lamb,
gazing at the glory;
gifts of men from distand lands
prophesy the story.
Gold: a King is born today,
Incense: God is with us,
Myrrh: his death will make a way,
and by His blood He'll win us.

Son of Adam, Son of heaven,
given as a ransom;
Reconciling God and man,
Christ, our mighty Champion!
What a Savior!  What a Friend!
What a Glorious Mystery!
Once a babe in Bethlehem,
now the Lord of history."


Oh how my heart beats with excitement and awe as I read and sing these beautiful words.  Does it not boggle the mind to know Jesus chose to be a baby, vulnerable, helpless?  He, the One who created every being, the world...HE chose to die.  And then to consider the gifts of the wise men  (**please note, this was just a quick link I used to give you a little background if you want it.  I am not familiar with the website it is connected to, but I know that the history of the wise men it shares is true)....and how they prophesied His coming...they weren't even Christ followers- did you know that?  They just knew a King was born and they wanted to bring Him gifts!  And those gifts held prophesy!  God worked through them!  (Oh my, it's incredible and I am getting all excited...and it is 9:25pm and I need to get some sleep....but I just had to share that.)



No comments: